Hello and welcome to Aptem. This section of the Help Centre is to set you up as a new Learner or student on the Aptem platform. This platform has many functions and will enable you to:
- Track your progress against the learning standards for your Apprenticeship / Training programme
- Access digital learning materials and complete electronic assessments
- Access online webinars, 1-2-1 teaching & learning sessions and reviews via Zoom
- Upload your evidence of learning and achievement
- Message your tutor / trainer and employer
- Keep track of your learning tasks
We are delighted to introduce you to the Help Centre and a little about our Technical Progress.
Any computer system can be a challenge when you start using it - so we are keen to ensure that you will feel comfortable using it as soon as possible. The Help Centre is always on-hand and available for you on the Internet (Aptem Help Centre) and as you have seen there is this dedicated section for Learners Students. The Learners section currently comprises these subsections:
- Getting Started - where you are now
- Tasks - how to do the basic learning activities in your learning plan such as meetings, calls & research
- Reviews - progress review meetings with your tutor as you complete stages of your course
- Account Settings - requesting a change of name, address or contact details
- Learning Plan - when you are a fully registered Learner, you will see the aims, content and means of recording your progress
- Messages - an introduction to the notifications and messages you will send and receive
- Documents - how all the documents concerning you, the course and your progress
- Skills Radar - a graphical view of how you may have assessed yourself or have been assessed by you tutor
As normal, new sections and articles will appear in the Learner box as well as in the Getting Started section. If something appears not to be working or is causing you concern, return to the Help Centre home page and try the powerful search facility - there will most likely be some relevant help, advice or an FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) answer for you.
The Aptem platform is a tried an tested facility used by Universities, Employers, and Training organisations. It provides support to them in managing their activities, their students and their interactions with the UK Government. The platform / system continues to be modified to meet the challenges facing Aptem's customers following a period of over 10 years.
Aptem is now evolving from the original 'Classic' user interface to the new 'Console' interface. To activate your account the Console interface is now in use exclusively, but you will encounter Classic for certain functions as you continue your training.
As development proceeds, more of the Classic will be in Console which will then 'go live'. Both user interfaces will run in parallel to provide you with time to gain familiarity and use the newer one. You will have plenty of notice of the removal of the Classic version of any functions, but we are confident you will be an enthusiastic 'convert' before that.