As a tutor/administrator, you can use the performance dashboard to easily manage your caseload of learners. The dashboard provides insights into learners that need attention and highlights the actions you can take to keep your caseload on track. You can filter learners, view key metrics, find problem areas, and identify root causes.
As a manager of tutors, or a director, or a senior administrator, you can use the dashboard to view high-level data. You can then filter and seek out data that is meaningful to your context. You can derive insights into the performance of tutors, or groups, or the organisation as a whole.
The Performance Dashboard is available to administrators with the Assessor or Trainee Assessor role.
When a tutor/administrator logs in to their account, this is the page they will first see.
The roles you have turned on for your account and the functionality used in your tenant will dictate what cards you see. The dashboard comprises of the following cards:
- Learner Progress / Workload
Learner Progress is a metric that shows the overarching progress. It is calculated as the number of learners that are 'on-track' or 'ahead' on track divided by the total learners.
Workload is a metric that is calculated as the number of learners appearing in the Requires Attention section divided by the total caseload.
- Caseload life cycle: This card gives you an idea of where learners are in the lifecycle. The number or learners in each of the following stages is shown:
- Learners within 30 days of the start
- Learners on programme
- Learners within 30 days of the original planned end date that is in the ILR
- Learners who are past their end date
- Learners in EPA
Click on any of the stages to view the Caseload lifecycle drilldown, which has detailed information and action items, where applicable.
- Caseload summary: This card shows the number of learners sorted by their programme statuses. Click on any of the statuses to view the Caseload summary drilldown, which has detailed information and action items, where applicable.
- Progress Overview: This card shows learner progress as measured by their performance on their learning plan activities and summarizes the number of learners who are behind/on-track/ahead on their learning plan activities.
Click on any of the statuses to view the Progress Overview drilldown, which has detailed information and action items, where applicable.
- Quality Assurance: This card is displayed if you have any of these roles: Internal Verifier, Supervisor, or ILR QA. The card displays an overview of the quality assurance process and the current status for quality assurance activity, and shows the following metrics:
- Learners with Outstanding QA Feedback: Number of learners with evidence that has a status of "QA Feedback Actioned - Accepted", or "QA Feedback Actioned - Referred", or "QA Feedback Received". If this is a non-zero number, you can click the label to view the Learners with outstanding QA feedback drilldown.
"Average days since QA Feedback issued": This is the average number of days since the evidence went in to a status of "QA Feedback Received"
Average Referral Rate: This is the average number of evidence that have been set to 'Referred' (Status of "QA Feedback Received") by the quality assurer, compared to those set to "QA Verified".
QA Completed This Month: This is the number of pieces of evidence that have been either 'QA Verified" or "Referred" (Status of QA "Feedback Received") by the quality assurer in the current month. If this is a non-zero number, you can click the label to view the QA Completed this Month drill-down.
- Off-The-Job-Hours: This card is displayed only if you are delivering any standards. This card summarizes the Off-the-Job hours and shows the following metrics:
- Insufficient planned hours: Whether they have enough hours in their learning plan to meet the 20 percent or the planned hours that you have stated.
Behind target: The number of hours they are behind by at the current point in time.
Ahead of target: The number of hours they are ahead by at the current point in time.
- RAG Status: This card is displayed only if you are using RAG status. This card informs you about how the learners are doing with respect to their RAG status. Hover over the graphic to see more detail.
Click on any of the statuses to view the RAG Status drilldown, which has detailed information and action items, where applicable.
- Requires Attention: This card has many possible items, depending on what items require your attention. If you are up-to-date on all your tasks, this card will be empty. Clicking on an item will take you to the relevant section in Aptem. Depending on your role and tenant settings, you will see some of the following items in this section:
- Feedback Received
- Open Trackers
Cognassist Registration Required
Cognitive Assessment Incomplete
Cognitive Results Ready
- Ready for QA
In the default view, Administrators/Tutors viewing the performance dashboard will see metrics only for those learners who are on a delivery programme. In addition, learners with the following programme status will be excluded:
- Non starter
- Early leaver
- Not eligible
- Withdrawn (w/o funding)
You can set filters to limit the view by programmes/ learners or any other available filters. The option to filter is available to you at all times, even within the drilldowns.
You can use the two quick filters: Programmes and My Learners to narrow down your dashboard/results.
Click the Programmes quick filter to set/reset the Programmes multi-select filter.
You can use the My learners filter to modify your dashboard to view your primary caseload, or your secondary learners, or all learners. Your Secondary learners are those learners for whom you own at least one of the components in their learning plan.
The options visible to you are limited by your role and access level. For example, the option to select All Learners in the Learners dropdown will only be visible if you have the View All Learners role.
Click the Filters option on the top. A Filters pane is displayed on the right of your screen. Here, you can filter by Programme, Sub-programme, Learners, Groups, Employer, Primary Tutor, and Programme Status.
Except for Learners, each of these filtering options offers you a multi-select list. The options visible to you are limited by your role and access level. For example, the option to select All Learners in the Learners dropdown will only be visible if you have the View All Learners role.
Make your selections and click Done. The revised dashboard will be displayed.
The performance dashboard will continue to be developed over the coming months. In a future release, more cards on the dashboard will have drilldowns to enable you to have more detailed information, and an even better insight into the performance of your teams.