As a Tutor/Administrator, you can view the drilldowns for items displayed in the Progress Overview section in order to view detailed information and to take action where appropriate.
The Performance Dashboard drilldowns are available to tutors/administrators with the Assessor or Trainee Assessor role.
Progress Overview drilldowns
On the Performance Dashboard, the Progress Overview card has three possible items: Behind, On Track, and Ahead.
In this pie chart:
- 'Behind' shows the number of learners who have completed less components than the number that should have been completed at today's date.
- 'On-Track' shows the number of learners who have completed the same number of components as the number that should have been completed at today's date.
- 'Ahead' shows the number of learners who have completed more components than the number that should have been completed at today's date.
Clicking on an item will take you to the detailed drilldown view. When you click Behind on the Progress Overview card, you will see a grid showing the learners who are behind on their learning plan progress.
Similarly, when you click Ahead on the Progress Overview card, you will see a grid showing the learners who are ahead on their learning plan progress. And when you click On Track on the Progress Overview card, you will see a grid showing the learners who are on track on their learning plan progress.
You can use the Learner Progress filters to navigate across learners who are Behind, Ahead, or On Track on their learning plan progress.
On all three screens, the Learners grid displayed has the following columns:
- Start Date
Tutor - Case Owner for the activities
Overdue Activities - Number of overdue activities
Requires Marking - Number of activities overdue that are awaiting marking
- RAG Status - If your organisation uses RAG statuses, you will see this column. If you hover over a learner's RAG Status, you will see the date on which the RAG status was last updated.
Learning Plan Progress - If you hover over a learner's learning plan progress, you can see the 'Current' and 'Target' percentages, and the variance between the two.
If you are using a tablet or a mobile device, all the above-mentioned columns will not be visible on the default view. But you can expand any item on the grid to see the detailed view.
You can see a maximum of 10 items per screen. Use the pagination controls at the bottom of the screen to navigate further.
- The Start Date and End Date columns refer to the Programme Start Date and the Programme End Date.
- You will see the RAG Status is column if your organisation uses RAG statuses. If you hover over a learner's RAG Status, you will see the date on which the RAG status was last updated.
- With regard to the Learning Plan Progress column, if you hover over a learner's learning plan progress, you can see the 'Current' and 'Target' percentages, and the variance between the two.
- The learners in the grid are ordered by Learning Plan Progress by default. Learners who are furthest behind target on their learning plan progress are displayed first. To sort the learners by a different criteria, click the header row of the column you wish to sort them by.
- When you click a row in the grid, the learner's learning plan is displayed by default. When you click under the Components Overdue column, a filtered learning plan view is displayed - showing the overdue components. When you click under the Requires Marking column, a filtered learning plan view is displayed - showing the items that require marking. Click the 'Back' button to return to the grid.
In the default view, Administrators/Tutors viewing the performance dashboard will see metrics only for those learners who are on a delivery programme. In addition, learners with the following programme status will be excluded:
- Non starter
- Early leaver
- Not eligible
- Withdrawn (w/o funding)
Search for a learner in the grid
You can use the learner name search box above the grid - type in 3 letters or more to search for a particular learner.
You can set filters to limit the view by programmes/ learners or any other available filters. The option to filter is available to you at all times, even within the drilldowns. When you drill down into a particular item, these filters will be visible on the top of your screen.
You can use the two quick filters: Programmes and My Learners to narrow down your dashboard/results.
Click the Programmes quick filter to set/reset the Programmes multi-select filter.
'Programme' Quick Filter: This quick filter shows a list of all the programmes and sub-programmes that the learners in the dashboard are applied to. Multi-selection is possible and contains a selection of 'All Programmes' at the top.
'Learners' Quick Filter allows for the selection of:
'My leaners: Shows the learners for whom you are the designated Tutor.
Secondary learners: Shows learners for whom you are an activity owner. You must be the activity owner for at least one activity in the learner`s learning plan in order for the learner to appear in this list.
- All learners: Shows all learners that you have access to in the group structure. This option will only show if you have permission to view all learners within the group.
The options visible to you are limited by your role and access level. For example, the option to select All Learners in the Learners dropdown will only be visible if you have the View All Learners role.
Click the Filters option on the top. A Filters pane is displayed on the right of your screen. Here, you can filter by Programme, Learners, Groups, Employer Group, and Employer, Primary Tutor and Status.
Except for Learners, each of these filtering options offers you a multi-select list. The options visible to you are limited by your role and access level. For example, the option to select All Learners in the Learners dropdown will only be visible if you have the View All Learners role.
The Group and Employer Group filters, subject to group permissions, allows for the selection of multiple groups.
- The Employer filter allows for the selection of one or more employer organisations.
The Primary Tutor filter, subject to group permissions, allows for the selection of one or more Tutors (Case owners).
Make your selections and click Done. The revised dashboard will be displayed.