As a Tutor/Administrator, you can add the programme and details of the learner that you are managing, so that you can update what they are working towards.
To enrol a learner on to a programme, navigate to the Learner Profile and select the Programme Details tab.
If the learner is already on an onboarding or delivery programme, and you want to assign them to a different programme, you must first stop the earlier program.
Where the learner has not been assigned a programme yet, you will see the following screen.
From the Target programme dropdown list, select the programme you want to enrol the learner on.
The target programme will be updated against the learner. You will also see a confirmation message on the bottom-left of your screen: "Target programme updated".
Click Add Programme Details to add programme details. An Add Programme Details screen is displayed.
Select the Programme type. You can choose Onboarding programme or Delivery programme.
For onboarding programmes and non-apprenticeship delivery programmes, the Programme details form has the following fields:
- Programme Type
- Start Date
- End Date
Next, select the programme from the dropdown list. The programmes in the dropdown list are limited by the programme type you selected.
Once you select a programme, the start date will be automatically populated.
If the programmes template contains a duration for the programme, the end date will also be automatically populated. This can be amended if required.
If the end date field is not populated, you can enter a date here using the date picker.
If you select a Delivery programme that is also configured as an Apprenticeship, then the enrolment form displays some additional fields.
- Employer start date
- Working hours
- Planned hours
If the Employer start date and working hours have already been previously captured during onboarding, these will be prepopulated.
If they have not been previously captured, you can enter both the Employer start date and Working hours. These will be updated into the learner record, only if both fields are populated.
At this stage of the process, these are optional fields, meaning you don't need to complete them. But doing so will display the minimum required off-the-job hours for this learner for the given programme duration.
The planned hours field
The planned hours field on the form is pre-populated with the total number of planned hours recorded against the learning plan components. These are set when building the learning plan in the programme template.
This field is used to determine what is recorded in the ‘planned hours’ ILR field against the main programme’s aim and will also be populated into the Apprenticeship agreement and commitment statements where Aptem templates are being used.
You can leave this field with that populated value or override it with a manually entered number of hours. For example, where the planned hours from the programme are insufficient to meet the learner's minimum required off-the-job hours for an apprenticeship.
If you choose to amend this field from the default total number of planned hours you should ensure that the planned hours in the learning plan are updated to match the hours you are reporting in the ILR.
Add a sub-programme
On the Programme Details screen, navigate to the Sub-programmes section. Click Add Sub-Programme.
Select from the list of sub-programmes available in the dropdown menu.
After you select the sub-programme, click Add.
Based on the subprogramme (s) added, the Planned hours field will be updated.
Once you add a sub-programme, the start date, end date and case owner for the subprogramme are displayed in the Sub-programmes section. You can edit the dates, change the case owner, or delete the sub-programme.
Notes about adding a sub-programme
- The sub-programme start-date and end-date range should be within the programme start-date and end-date range. It is not possible to add a sub-programme with a start date that is earlier than the start date for the Skills Delivery programme. Similarly, it is not possible to add a sub-programme with an end date that is after the end date for the Skills Delivery programme.
- When a sub-programme is added after enrolment it will show any qualifications and/or aims that will be added to the ILR and awarding qualifications section.
- If the sub-programme contains qualifications and/or aims that already exist in the grid, duplication may occur. You need to manually manage issues of duplication for overlapping qualifications and/or aims.
- In cases where a learner is enrolled onto a Skills Delivery programme and one or more sub-programmes, the Skills Radar will show all competencies from the programmes and sub-programmes.
- In cases where a learner is enrolled onto a Skills Delivery programme and one or more sub-programmes, the learning plan will show a consolidated view of the learning plan components from both the programme and sub-programmes.
- In cases where a learner is enrolled onto a Skills Delivery programme and one or more sub-programmes, reviews available in both the learning plan and reviews list to start will include/show a consolidated view of reviews from both the programme and sub-programmes.
Assign sub-programme to a tutor
You can select the tutor who is delivering the subprogramme and assign those learning plan activities to that selected tutor.
Changing the case owner will update and override all existing learning plan activity links for activities that have not been completed or Quality Assured.
In case of Apprenticeships, you can view the ‘Key Summary’. This includes the key milestone dates, the minimum required off-the-job hours and the planned hours that will be reported in the ILR.
Aims / Qualifications
Where programmes and sub-programmes have qualifications added as ILR aims or as qualifications in the programme template, these will be displayed here.
You have the option to exempt them. If you exempt them, they will not be included in the ILR and in the registration and certification.
Click Enrol to complete the enrolment of the learner on this programme. You will be redirected to the Programme details page on the learner profile.
Stopping a programme
*This functionality is currently not available in console and is scheduled for a future release.
If your learner is already on an onboarding or delivery programme, and you want to assign them to a different programme, you must first stop the earlier program.
To stop a programme, navigate to the Learner Profile screen and select the Programme details tab.
Click the options icon ⋮ on the far right, and click Stop Programme.