As an Employer, you can view the drilldowns for items displayed in the Off the Job Hours section in order to view detailed information and to take action where appropriate.
The Employer Dashboard drilldowns are available to employers with the Learners Progress role.
Off the Job Hours drilldowns
On the Employer Dashboard, the Off-The-Job Hours card has three possible items: Insufficient Hours planned, Behind Target and Ahead of Target. The 'Behind Target' and 'Ahead of Target' show the values as measured against the planned off the job hours from the ILR. When you click on any of these items, you can see the drill-down in a grid and view the item details.
When you click Insufficient Hours Planned on the Off-The-Job Hours card, you will see a grid showing the learners who have insufficient Off-the-job hours planned.
Similarly, when you click any other item on the card, you will see the relevant grid of learners. You can also use the Off the Job Hours filters on the drilldown view to navigate across learners with different statuses with respect to their Off the Job Hours.
On all three screens, the Learners grid displayed has the following columns:
- Tutor - Case Owner for the activities
- Minimum Required - The minimum number of OTJ hours required
- Planned in ILR - The number of planned hours in the ILR
- Completed - The number of completed hours in the Learning Plan
- Forecast - The number of forecast hours in the Learning Plan
- OTJ Hours Progress - The 'Overall Progress' OTJ Hours progress indicator that is used on the Learner Dashboard
- RAG Status - If your organisation uses RAG statuses, you will see this column.
If you are using a tablet or a mobile device, all the above-mentioned columns may not be visible on the default view. But you can expand any item on the grid to see the detailed view.
You can see a maximum of 10 items per screen. Use the pagination controls at the bottom of the screen to navigate further.
- The Start Date and End Date columns refer to the Programme Start Date and the Programme End Date.
- You will see the RAG Status is column if your organisation uses RAG statuses. If you hover over a learner's RAG Status, you will see the date on which the RAG status was last updated.
- If you hover over a learner's OTJ Hours Progress column, you can see the 'Completed percentage and the Actual percentage.
- The learners are ordered by the variance of Forecast Hours against Planned hours, with the learners with the highest variance between their forecast and planned states displayed first. To sort the learners by a different criteria, click the header row of the column you wish to sort them by.
In the default view, Employers viewing the employer dashboard will see metrics only for those learners who are on a delivery programme. In addition, learners with the following programme status will be excluded:
- Non starter
- Early leaver
- Not eligible
- Withdrawn (w/o funding)
Search for a learner in the grid
You can use the learner name search box above the grid - type in 3 letters or more to search for a particular learner.
You can set filters to limit the view by programmes/ learners or any other available filters. The option to filter is available to you at all times, even within the drilldowns.
You can use the two quick filters: Programmes and Groups to narrow down your dashboard/results.
Click the Programmes quick filter to set/reset the Programmes multi-select filter. This quick filter shows a list of all the programmes and sub-programmes that the learners in the dashboard are applied to. You can select one or more programmes from the list. To search for a specific programme, use the search bar at the top.
The 'Groups' Quick Filter allows for the selection of one or more groups.
Apart from the quick filters, you can use the Filters option to filter by additional criteria.
Click the Filters option on the top of your screen. A Filters pane is displayed on the right of your screen. Here, you can filter by Programme, Groups, Employer Groups, Status and Date.
The Programme, Groups and Status fields offer you a multi-select list. The options visible to you are limited by your role and access level. The Group and Employer Group filters, subject to group permissions, allow for the selection of multiple groups.
If you want to filter by the date, you will be prompted to choose one of three dates to filter by: Start date, Practical period date, or End date. After you select one, you must specify a date range,
Make your selections and click Done. The revised dashboard will be displayed.