As an employer, you can use the employer dashboard to easily view the progress of your direct reports who are in learning or, at a more senior level, learners that you have access to view. You can filter learners, view key metrics, find problem areas, and identify root causes. You can derive insights into the performance of learners across the organisation – you can drill down by brand, region, branch, sector, programme, or team.
The dashboard also highlights actions that are required for you to complete. For example, where you need to sign compliance documents or contribute towards progress reviews.
The Employer Dashboard is available to employers with the Learners Progress role.
As an employer, when you log in to your account, this is the page you will first see.
The roles you have turned on for your account and the functionality used in your tenant will dictate what cards you see. The dashboard comprises of the following cards:
- Learner Lifecycle: This card gives you an idea of where learners are in the lifecycle. The number or learners in each of the following stages is shown:
- Learners within 30 days of the start
- Learners on programme
- Learners within 30 days of the original planned end date that is in the ILR
- Learners in EPA
- Learners who are past their end date
- Learner summary: This card shows the number of learners sorted by their programme statuses.
- Learning Plan Progress: This card shows learner progress as measured by their performance on their learning plan activities and summarizes the number of learners who are behind/on-track/ahead on their learning plan activities. You can set thresholds to define the behind/on-track/ahead categories. Contact your support team to set the thresholds/definitions for the categories.
- Off-The-Job-Hours: This card is displayed only if you are delivering any standards. This card summarizes the Off-the-Job hours and shows the following metrics:
- Insufficient planned hours: Whether they have enough hours in their learning plan to meet the 20 percent or the planned hours that you have stated.
Behind target: The number of hours they are behind by at the current point in time.
Ahead of target: The number of hours they are ahead by at the current point in time.
- RAG Status: This card is displayed only if you are using RAG status. This card informs you about how the learners are doing with respect to their RAG status. Hover over the graphic to see more detail.
- Requires Attention: This card has many possible items, depending on what items require your attention. If you are up-to-date on all your tasks, this card will be empty. Clicking on an item will take you to the relevant section in Aptem. The following items can be viewed under this section:
- Signatures Required
- Cognitive Assessment Incomplete
Cognitive Results Ready
- Reviews: This card shows reviews that are upcoming, those that are scheduled, and any that are not yet scheduled.
You can set filters to limit the view by programmes/ learners or any other available filters. The option to filter is available to you at all times, even within the drilldowns.
You can use the three quick filters: Programmes, My Learners to narrow down your dashboard/results.
Click the Programmes quick filter to set/reset the Programmes multi-select filter. By default, 'All Programmes' is selected. The dropdown list shows only those programmes that are linked with the learners that you have access to see.
You can use the Learners filter to modify your dashboard to "Managed by me" or "All Learners". Where the Employer Login is not assigned as a 'Line Manager' to any learners, the default selection is "All Learners". Where the Employer Login is assigned as a 'Line Manager' to more than one learner, the default selection is "Managed by me". The 'Managed by me' filter displays only those learners who are managed by you.
The options visible to you are limited by your role and access level. For example, the option to select All Learners in the Learners dropdown will only be visible if you have the View All Learners role.
You can use the Groups filter to modify your dashboard to show details specific to one or more Employer Groups or sub-groups. This is a multi-select field, and in the default view, all employer groups are selected. The dropdown list shows only those Employer groups that you have access to see.
Click the Filters option on the top. A Filters pane is displayed on the right of your screen. Here, you can filter by Programme, Employer Groups, Learner Groups, Manager, Status and date.
Except for Filter by Date, each of the filtering options offer you a multi-select list. The options visible to you are limited by your role and access level. For example, the dropdown list shows only those programmes that are linked with the learners that you have access to see.
Make your selections and click Done. The revised dashboard will be displayed.
Filter by Date
You can use this option to filter by the start date, practical period or the end date.
If you make a selection, you will be prompted to specify the date range.
The filter will then use the specified date range to narrow down the list of participants.
The employer dashboard will continue to be developed over the coming months. In a future release, more cards on the dashboard will have drilldowns to enable you to have more detailed information, and an even better insight into the performance of your teams.