Process automation helps you reduce the amount of administrative effort in managing learners and helps you ensure compliance.
The change of contact detail process automation automates the tasks associated with the change of a learner's contact detail to eliminate the possibility of errors in re-keying and reduces the associated administrative effort in updating the relevant areas of the system. The automation also includes an approval process that involves an administrator reviewing the learner request. This ensures that you have complete control over changes made to your learners' data.
This process automation, when approved:
- Notifies the learner about the approval
- Updates the learner contact details throughout the platform
Please note that this process automation is limited to delivery programmes and is applicable only to learners who have an "Active" status.
The change of contact details process automation can be turned on or off at the tenant level. This provides administrators with complete control over this feature.
By default, this configuration is set to OFF. If your organisation wishes to take advantage of the process automation functionality, you will need to contact our support team, or your implementation consultant, and request this functionality be enabled on your tenant.
The following steps describe the workflow for the change of contact details process automation.
- The learner initiatives a change of contact request.
- A tracker is created as a result of the change of contact request. The tracker contains the details submitted by the learner and enables an administrator to view the request.
To view the tracker, the administrator must navigate to Trackers from the learner navigation menu of the learner's record.
Administrators can also navigate directly from the Learner management screen, by selecting Trackers from the View column dropdown.
- To locate the change of contact details tracker, the administrator can use the search or filter functionality.
- To edit the tracker, the administrator must click the options icon ⋮ on the far right, under the Actions column.
- At this stage, the status of the tracker is new. The administrator updates the status of the tracker, and sets it to approved or rejected, and clicks Save.
- The learner is notified about the approval/rejection of the request. At this stage, the status of the tracker is set to closed.
- If the administrator rejects the change of contact details request, the learner and tutor will be notified of the rejection.
- If the administrator approves the request, the process automation:
- Notifies the learner about the approval.
- Updates the learner contact details throughout the platform. It may take up to 24 hours after approval for the change to reflect on the learner's profile.