Aptem enables you to have multiple group hierarchies. Follow these steps to add or edit an employer user.
Adding a new user
- Sign into your administrator account and click on the ‘Users’ tile.
- Click Create button. Within the drop-down list, select ‘Employer’ and review the confirmation pop-up message.
- The Add User page will be displayed.
- Select if you would like to invite the employer user into Aptem: ‘Yes’ means that the employer user will receive an email activation link to create their username and password. ‘No’ means that they will have a status of ‘prospect’ in Aptem but unable to log-in until you send an invitation.
- Enter the user’s details: This includes the mandatory fields - first name, surname, and email address.
- Select the group to which the employer user should be allocated. Under Groups, you can see the hierarchy of your groups, expanding each group which will show the child groups within the grid. Select all groups that you want to assign the employer user to. They will be able to view their own employees within the groups selected.
- Select which employer/organisation the employer user belongs to and any roles that you wish to assign to them.
- Click Create. This will create the account and, if you selected that option, send an activation email to the employer user.
Editing a user profile
- Navigate to the Users tile.
- Find the employer user you want to assign to multiple groups.
- Click Edit.
- Under Groups, you can see the hierarchy of your groups, expanding each group which will show the child groups within the grid. Select the groups that you want to assign the employer user to.
- Click Update.