App Service export in .xlsx format
On the ‘Get apprenticeship service batch’ modal on the ILR tile in Aptem Classic, we have added the ability to export the file in .xlsx format. The administrator will now be able to choose whether to export the batch as a .csv or as a .xlsx file using the dropdown menu in the modal. The .csv option is selected by default.
Sortable columns on the Learner/Participant grid
On the Learner/Participant grid, we have added in the ability to sort by the following columns:
- Programme End date
- Programme Start date
- Next Planned Review Date (specific to Work Coach view)
- Last Review Completed Date (specific to Work Coach view)
- RAG Status
Updates to the Synchronisation functionality
In order to avoid overwriting ad-hoc changes to other learner's activities while synchronising activities, we have made some updates to this functionality.
- Administrators/Tutor will be able to select whether to Sync and “Apply ONLY changes” OR Sync and “Apply and overwrite ALL Activity attributes”.
- “Apply ONLY changes” is the default option
- Administrators/Tutor will see a summary page highlighting what changes are set to be synchronised and what changes will not be synchronised.
- Permissions and behaviour will be aligned across Classic and Console
The "Select Statuses" step of the Synchronisation wizard has been updated. The step is now called "Select Conditions", and on this step, users can specify conditions for the synchronisation.
- "Apply ONLY changes": This is the default option but is disabled in cases where no recent changes have been made to the learning plan. Selecting this option will ONLY apply the recent changes that you have made to activities. Note that this includes the 'Planned for QA' status changes and 'Delivery via Employer' option.
- "Apply and overwrite ALL Activity attributes": Selecting this option will apply all of the attributes for the selected activities to the learners that you have selected, and not just the recent changes.
Updated summary grid
We have also updated the Summary grid - you can see the expanded view for each activity to see the details of 'Learners to be synchronised' and the 'Learners not synchronised'. You can navigate to the Learners not synchronised tab to view the learner/programme details, and the reason due to which the learner cannot be synchronised.
Users with Supervisor and Compliance QA permissions will be able to perform any action. If neither of those is assigned, then the set of actions they can perform will be managed by assigned 'Advanced delivery Management' permissions.
For more information, see: Learning plan synchronisation.
EPAPro assessment enhancements
We have updated the functionality to provide all relevant EPAPro information inside the Learners Profile.
- We have added the ability to view the learner’s overall result without having to navigate to EPAPro.
- The assessment name and description have been added to the results grid.
Learner's overall result
In EPA, there are individual learning assessments, and once a set of assessments is completed, the learner is given an overall result. Once this is given, the nightly job updates the status, then it is displayed on the End Point Assessment tab of the learner profile.
In cases where the learner does not have any overall result, this field will be hidden.
Detailed Assessment Result
The assessment name/details from EPAPro will be displayed in Aptem, so that users can see which result is for which assessment.
Minor updates / Bug fixes
- On all email templates and public pages of Aptem Classic and Aptem Console, the name MWS Technology Ltd has been updated to Aptem Ltd / Aptem Limited in the footers.
- In the ILR export file generated from ILR tile in Classic, the Software Supplier Name has been updated from MWS Technology Ltd to Aptem Ltd.
- On the PRaP import dialog box, we have removed the dropdown under the Create New Record section. The updated checkbox label reads: “Create as Prospect when no match found”. Note that there is no change to the behaviour of the checkbox.
- In line with the requirements of the Apprenticeship Service Upload Specification, the 'End Date' in the apprenticeship service batch export is now pulled from the 'Apprenticeship End Date'. This date is stored against the programme, and is the end date of the practical period plus the 'EPA period length' in the 'Programme Requirements' in the 'Programme Builder'.
- Accessibility (Charts) - Screen readers do not read charts because charts aren't interactive - they're just code/layout. We are making some changes so that screen readers can read graphs/charts in Aptem, to ensure that the system is accessible to all users. To begin with, we have made updates to the learning plan screen.
- Accessibility (Tooltips) –On the Tutor/Learner Calendar View, task status has been added to the tooltip, to ensure that the system is accessible to all users as this is also read by screen readers.
- The Apprenticeship Service Export .csv file from Aptem when uploaded to TAS was resulting in an error relating to the number of rows. The issue has been identified and resolved.
- In one case, a learner completed the Knowledge section of the skills radar, and the system let her finish her skills radar/onboarding without completing two of her other skills radar sections (Skills and Behaviours). The bug has been fixed, and learners are now required to complete all sections in order to complete Onboarding.
- In one case where a learner took a re-assessment on the Skills Radar, the UGR was not pulling through the latest assessment. This issue has now been resolved, and the UGR will pull the latest assessment result.
- Skills Forward ICT results were not pulling through for learners who have completed their assessment. This is now being resolved.
- In the ESFA Training Plan V1 statement, the calculated figure shown in the training plan was incorrect. This has now been fixed.
Other updates / Bug fixes
Since the last release, we made the following updates in patches / minor releases:
- In some cases, users reported an error when opening old courses' results reports for a learner. This issue has now been resolved.
- There were some issues with the Skills Bootcamp XML - these issues have been resolved and the functionality is now working as expected.
- The XML was not returning the FFI indicator upon batch export. This has now been fixed.
- The XML file was not returning planned hours for funding model 37, causing an ILR error. This issue has now been fixed.
- Previously, you could create an Aim without a Contract reference number. This has now been fixed, and now an Aim cannot be added without a Contract reference number.
- The administrator view of the learner’s onboarding wizard/ ILR step was showing the same 'postcode prior enrolment' and 'NI number' for different users. This was identified as a cache issue and has now been fixed.
- Previously, when adding formatting to the instructions of an activity at programme level, the formatting was lost when editing the activity from the Learner's Learning Plan. This has now been resolved, and the correct formatting is displayed on the edit view.
- Some employers reported seeing an error messages when signing and saving reviews for learners. This issue has now been fixed.