This feature/article is applicable to the DWP Restart programme only.
The functionality to make an activity on an Action plan mandatory is available for customers where it is required to manage, track and report engagement to the primary funders of a programme (i.e., DWP). The mandation process will enable you to control whether a participant should be subject to mandation based on the conditionality of the benefits they receive, and the contractual compliance requirements of the programme being delivered.
Please note the mandating of activity for a participant is only available in Aptem console and not Aptem classic. You must have the Supervisor role to be able to edit the mandation panel in a participant profile to state if the participant is subject to mandatory activity.
To enable an activity to be marked as mandatory for a participant, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your administrator account.
- Search for the participant that you need to apply the mandatory activity to
- Click the participant's name to access the Participant Profile.
- Navigate to the Personal Details tab of the Participant Profile.
- On the Mandation panel, click the pencil icon to edit the panel details.
- By default, the Allow mandatory activity will be set to 'No'. Change it to Yes and save your changes.
- You can also set the Sanction status. Choose the appropriate option from the dropdown list.
- If the Sanction status field is set to "Pending Decision for Failure to Attend” or “Under Sanction for Failure to Attend", then the additional field Is this is a mandatory activity? will not be available on the Add activity screen.
- If the Sanction status field is set to "Not Under Sanction”, or “Pending Decision for Failure to Comply", or "Under Sanction for Failure to Comply", then the additional field Is this is a mandatory activity? will be displayed on the Add activity screen.
Once you have set the ‘Allow mandatory activity’ value to ‘Yes’, subject to the sanction status, you will be able to set a component on a participant's action plan as being mandatory.
Please note that work coaches will be able to add a mandatory activity to an action plan, but only an administrator with the supervisor permission will be able to edit the activity i.e., change to activity from being mandated to not being mandated and vice versa.
Setting an action plan activity as mandatory
While creating a new activity
A Work coach can set an action plan activity as mandatory while creating a new activity.
- Click on the participant's action plan.
- When you are viewing the participants action plan as a work coach you can add activity to the action plan by clicking on Add Activity.
- On the Add Activity screen, you can specify if the activity is mandatory for the participant to complete. By default, the Is this a mandatory activity field will be set to 'No'. Select Yes.
- After you enter your activity details, click Add Activity on the bottom right of your screen to save the activity to the participant's action plan.
While creating a review
- Click Reviews on the participant navigation menu of your participant's record.
- Click Create Review.
- On the Create Review screen, you can specify if the review is mandatory for the participant to attend/complete. By default, the Is this a mandatory activity field will be set to 'No'. Select Yes
- After you enter your review details, click Save on the bottom right of your screen to save the review. The review will be added to the participant's action plan.
While editing an activity/review
You can also edit an existing activity/review to make it a mandatory activity if the ‘Allow mandatory activity’ setting has been set to ‘Yes’. You must have the Supervisor role to edit an existing activity/review to set it as a mandatory activity.
- To edit an activity, navigate to the activity card, and click the options icon ⋮ on the far right. Select Edit Activity.
This will take you to the Edit Activity page. Here, you can edit and update the Is this a Mandatory Component field.
- After you update the field, click Save Changes. The changes will be updated.
Work coaches' and participants' view
The action plan view has indicators to enable work coaches and participants to see which activities are marked as mandatory.
- A mandatory component on the participant's action plan will display a distinctive icon, as shown below. On hover, the icon will display a tooltip that reads ‘Mandatory component’.
- Mandatory components will display a note when the activity details are displayed on the right-hand panel.