Programme Builder is highly configurable and allows organisations to align Aptem with their service delivery model by creating delivery programmes. The system is configurable so that:
- Processes can be implemented and automatically tracked, for example to meet compliance requirements.
- Forms and other necessary paperwork or compliance documentation can be delivered by a programme and automatically presented to the learner at the appropriate step in the process.
- Steps within a programme can be set as mandatory.
- Aptem features can be enabled or disabled for users.
- Separate customised programmes can be created to meet needs.
Configuring features within a programme means that users can be automatically enrolled on a programme, their progress is automatically documented, evidenced and available as a downloadable report.
Cloning and/or Editing a Programme
You will see your Main Aptem Account Root Programme in your ‘Programmes’ tile; you cannot edit this programme as this provides all the information from implementation that had to be enabled.
As part of your training you may have learnt how to create a programme, so there may be an existing programme that you can clone from.
- Sign into your administrator account.
- In the navigation panel, click on the ‘Programmes’ tile.
- The programmes page will be displayed. This lists all programmes within your account. You can clone and/or edit an existing programme by clicking any of the icons and the search box allows you to search for a programme. Programmes can be deleted once there are no learners enrolled onto it. You can also create tags for programmes and search by tag(s) to catalogue multiple programmes.
- Click the pencil to edit an existing programme or you can select clone to copy the programme to create a new one. Give the new programme a name and make any relevant changes that need to be made in the selection of tokens below. This is where the programme builder page is displayed.
This page displays all the tokens which are contained within the programme. Clicking on a token will allow the associated features to be edited, enabled, or disabled for that programme.
The tokens for Advice, CV, Jobs and Communications are linked to the tiles seen by users. Disabling these features will switch-off the associated tiles for Aptem users on that programme. For example, your organisation might only be using Aptem to deliver apprenticeships and have no need for job search – thus disabling the ‘Jobs’ token will hide the Jobs tiles (including Job Finder and Placement Finder) from users.
Building your Tokens in Programme Builder
Once you have cloned or edited a programme, you will be displayed with a set of tokens. The tokens allow you to turn items on/off or add information to them. You can also create tags for programmes and search by tag(s) to catalogue multiple programmes. To create a new tag, type into the ‘Add new Tag’ field and then select ‘add’.
Explanations of the Tokens are below:
- Advice - Enables access to the advice centre (not usually for Apprenticeships).
- CV - Enables CV functionality: Create, edit, and export CVs. Aptem users can also import existing CVs.
- Collaboration Centre - Enables the instant messaging centre.
- Courses - Enables the courses tile to build your courses.
- Jobs - Enables access to Job Finder to search for jobs and view suggested jobs.
- Competencies - Enables monitoring of competencies and employability skills.
- Programme Requirements - Allows you to enter the duration of days/months for your delivery programme.
- Reviews - Allows you to enable and build your review meetings – please see the How-To-Guide to building a Review.
- Action Plans - Enables creation of smart action plans.
- Email Templates - This cannot be changed.
- Placements/Workshops - Enables you to build your classroom sessions in the placements/workshops tile.
- Learning Plan - Enables the learning plan and allows you to build your learner journey – please see the How-To-Guide to Learning Plan Components. Article covering the learning plan section. Click the token..
- Useful Links - Once enabled you can input URL links to important websites for your learner(s) – please see the How-To-Guide to using the Useful Links tile in Programmes. Only classic, not console.
- Compliance Documents - Once enabled, you can prepopulate some of your compliance documents – please see the How-To-Guide for Managing e-signatures and Compliance Documents.
- Documents - Allows you to upload any important documentation that your learners need to see.
- Onboarding Wizard - Once enabled, this is the first part of the programme that your learner sees – please see the How-To-Guide to the Onboarding Wizard.
- Tracker - When enabled in your account, tracker will track items for the ILR – please see the How-To-Guide to the Tracker.
- ILR - This is the ILR template to build on a generic level so all learners on programme have a prepopulated ILR – please see the How-To-Guide for completing the ILR Template.
- PLR - Previous Learner Record tile allows the previous learning to be visible to you – please see the How-To-Guide for the PLR.
Once you have created your programme, always “Save”, “Confirm” and “Confirm”.