As an administrator with the Manage Tenant Settings role, you can enable Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for your tenant. You can:
- Enable email authentication
- Apply MFA for all internal users
- Apply MFA for all external users
- Require Multi-factor verification for employer logins
Click Settings on the left navigation bar. You can see this option when you have the Manage Tenant Settings role assigned.
- Use the navigation bar at the top and select Security.
- On the Security screen, select the Multi-Factor Authentication menu option.
- Use the toggle to set Enable Multi-Factor Authentication to Yes.
Once you enable MFA, you will see additional options that allow you to:
- Enable email authentication - If this setting is enabled, all Aptem user types (admins, employer-logins, users, and referrers) will be able to choose between two authentication methods: Authentication app or Email in the Console login screen. While logging in, if a user selects the Email option, the authentication code will be sent to their account email.
- Require MFA for all internal users - This option applies the requirement for MFA to be used by ALL internal users of the system i.e. administrators, tutors and QAs.
- Require MFA for all external users - This option applies the requirement for MFA to be used by ALL external users of the system i.e. Learners and Employer related accounts
- Require Multi-factor verification for employer logins - This option applies the Multi-factor verification only for employer registrations. Note that this is currently only for registrations, and may be expanded in future. Note: To enable Multi-Factor Verification for Employers, customers need to first raise a support ticket requesting it. Once this has been enabled by the Support team, an administrator with the Manage Tenant Setting permission can enable this functionality at the tenant level.
Use the toggles to enable MFA as required. The settings will be automatically saved, and you will see a notification on the bottom-left of your screen.