When you have some administrative responsibilities for a group of learners, as a tutor, employer, or a training provider, you can create a task that applies to the whole group.
Also see: Message a group of learners.
Add a task to a group of learners
To add a task to a group for which you are responsible:
- Sign in to your Administrator account
- Find and click on the Users Overview tile to show the User Group Profile page.
The User Group Profile page is shown.
- Select your group from the dropdown list and click 'add task to users'. This option is available to all administrator accounts.
The Calendar task screen is shown (as a pop-up).
- Fill in the relevant details.
- The text you write in the ‘Details’ text area will go to task’s ‘Details’ field.
- Enter the date, time & duration using the dropdown options in the respective fields.
- 'Type of task' is a mandatory field. If you do not select a task-type, a reminder in red will be shown above the dropdown list.
- Fill in the other fields that can be used to provide other references, such as an administration contact, the number of days ahead of the event when a reminder notification is sent. If you are creating a series of events, you can select the repeat frequency.
- Click the Create button to action the task and send it to your chosen group.
- You will be redirected to a screen where you can add task to multiple users.
- Here, you can select learners by ticking the relevant checkboxes inside the grid, or by selecting a group using the filters, and then using the ‘Select all’ option above the grid.
- Click the ‘Apply’ button. You will see a popup message. Click Yes.
- The task will be created for all the selected learners; The learners will receive a system notification titled “New Task”.