Administrators with the Create Users permission can use the Users tile to create Employer users in Aptem.
Create an Employer Account
To create an Employer account:
- Sign in to your administrator account with your name and password.
- In the navigation panel, click the Users tile, if you are not on the Users list page already.
If you need to re-organise the coloured tiles, click How to use Active Tiles on the top right.
- On the Users list page, click the ‘Create’ button to show the drop-down list. Click ‘Employer’ in the drop-down list and click 'Yes' to confirm that you want to create a User.
The ‘Add Employer’ page is shown.
- Choose if you want to 'invite this user into Aptem':
Click ‘Yes’ so that the employer will receive an email activation link to create the username and password.
The subject line of the email will be “Aptem Account Activation”. This email contains a link that confirms the user’s email address. The user clicks on the activation link to display the Activate Account page where the user must provide a password for the account. The login name can also be changed at the same time by the user.
Click ‘No’ so that the employer will have a status of ‘prospect’ in Aptem but cannot log-in.
If you said ‘No’ to inviting the employer to Aptem, you can later send the person an Aptem invitation from the employer’s profile / record when you wish the employer to activate the account. To find a user's profile page, click the ‘Users’ tile and search for that user by, for example, name or email address.
- Complete the subsequent fields down to Mobile - these are straightforward data entry fields and require little further description than the field title. Note that in cases where Multi Factor Verification (MFV) is enabled, the Mobile Number field will be mandatory while creating or editing a user. This is also true in case you are creating users via CSV upload/ API.
The following table describes the data which may be required for a new Employer.
(M) means the field will be present and in some cases are Mandatory and must be completed.
Field Data Title, First name & Surname, Gender, Email and Mobile telephone number.
All Mandatory except Gender which is Optional.
Postcode Enter Postcode of the Employer Address detail lines Address details of the Employer if you have them, but can be edited/completed later. Employer Group (M)
Show selected records only (check box)
- Click the checkbox(es) in the list to select the group(s) to which the Employer should be allocated. Groups can be created specifically by the customer's Administrators with appropriate permissions.
- Use the Search facility to find whether the Employer already exists in the full list.
- Check the check box adjacent to Employer Group (M) to show only the selected records.
Select the role(s) the Employer will fulfill from the Available list on the left and move to the Assigned list on the right using the right-pointing arrow buttons (one or more than one).
If you wish to change your selection, select the role(s) from the Assigned list and move to the Available list on the left using the left-pointing arrows (one or more than one).
Add new position
Click Select positions and select the position(s) that the Employer will fulfill from the dropdown list.
To add a new position, type the name of the Role and click the Add button.
Select the new Employer's access rights to the Aptem console and Aptem classic. Simply check the check box adjacent to the type of interface.
However, the Aptem console is under development so you are currently advised not to check that option. You will be able to return to the Learner later and do so, following notification that the console is 'live' and usable.
Click the Create button. This will create the account and, if you selected the option to invite the Learner to Aptem, it will send an activation email to the user (see instruction 4. above).
Click the Close button to exit without creating the new employer.
- To edit an Employer, click the pencil icon and you can edit the existing Employer data. For details see How to Edit a user's Profile.
- To view the Profile of an Employer, click the hyperlinked name in the user list to show a Profile page with the contact details first, followed by the many aspects of the Employer that can be recorded by the Aptem system.
- From the profile Page you can send an Invitation Email to the Employer into Aptem if you chose not to invite this user into Aptem. Before sending an invitation, it is advisable to check / edit the users details of the Employer. For more detail see How to Edit a user's Profile.
- Click send Invitation to send and you will receive confirmation that it was sent.
Create a new Employer while creating a Learner
While creating a Learner account. there is the option of adding the Employer details of the Learner. Click the green '+' sign to show the new Employer dialog to collect the necessary details.
See How to Create a Referrer.
Select the Employer from the dropdown list or click the adjacent green '+'. This opens the Employer dialog. See below for the field descriptions.
|Select the Employer from the dropdown list. If the Employer you wish to add is not in the list, click the green + sign to add a new Employer.
|If the Employer is on the list, the address field will be completed for you automatically.
|Select the manager from the dropdown list.
|Select the manager from the dropdown list.
However, the Aptem console is under development, so you are currently advised not to check that option. You will be able to return to the Learner later and do so, following notification that the console is 'live' and usable.
|Main Aim Registration Number
|Enter the Main Aim Registration Number.