To create a sub-programme, navigate to the Programmes tile.
Click Create. Choose Sub-programme from the dropdown menu.
The Programme builder screen is displayed.
Enter a name for your sub-programme.
The Type is set to Sub-programme, and it cannot be changed.
Add tags to make it easier for you to find this programme later.
Scroll down to view the tokens or configuration options available. You are restricted to the following tokens. Clicking on a token will allow the associated features to be edited, enabled, or disabled for that programme.
The other tokens are available when you are building the main programme, and are not available while building a sub-programme.
While creating a sub-programme, the following tokens are available to you:
- Competencies - Enables monitoring of competencies and employability skills.
- Programme Requirements - Allows you to enter the duration of days/months for your delivery programme.
- Reviews - Allows you to enable and build your review meetings – please see the How-To-Guide for Reviews.
- Placements/Workshops - Enables you to build your classroom sessions in the placements/workshops tile.
- Learning Plan - Enables the learning plan and allows you to build your learner journey. If your programme has learning plan components, you can select existing components or add new ones to the learning plan. Note that when you apply your main programme and a sub-programme along with it, you will be applying two different learning plans. But the learner will see it as just one learning plan. It will contains elements from both - the main programme and the sub-programme.
- Qualifications - If you have a qualification that you want to put into the sub-programme, but it does not need an ILR, you can add that here. For example, it can be an additional non funded aim. If you add an aim here, it will get added to the registration and certification, and awarding body and qualifications page..
- ILR - This is the ILR template to build on a generic level so all learners on programme have a prepopulated ILR. You can create the ILR details for the sub-programme just as you would do for a main aim. Once you apply the sub-programme, it will put these into your ILR,
Click Confirm on the Create Sub-programme screen. Your sub-programme will be set up.
Creating further sub-programmes
If you are creating multiple sub-programmes, you don't have to build all of them from scratch. You can clone an existing sub-programme and change the name, and modify the settings to create another sub-programme.
You cannot edit existing onboarding or delivery prigrammes to now be sub-programmes. So, if you have an existing programme that you want to now set up as a sub-programme, you will have to copy and paste the information and create it afresh as a new subprogramme.
Note that while applying the subprogramme to a learner, you will need to specify a delivery programme, along with one or more sub-programmes. You cannot apply a standalone sub-programme to a learner.
Adding or removing sub-programmes
If your learner is already on a programme, you can add or remove sub-programmes to/from their main program. You can also edit the programme start and end dates and adjust the aims/qualifications. For more information see: Editing programme details.