The idea of the learning plan synchronisation functionality is to give you the ability to make changes to one learner’s learning plan and then to synchronise this across other learners’ learning plans, thus saving you time instead of having to redo this on an individual per learner basis.
To use the learning plan synchronisation functionality, you will need to have either one or both of the following roles:
- Advanced Delivery Management (Edit) – This will allow you to edit activities in a learner’s learning plan.
- Advanced Delivery Management (Delete) – This will allow you to delete activities in a learner’s learning plan.
- Navigate to your learner’s learning plan.
- Make the changes you want to make, for example: amending the due date for an activity, deleting an activity, editing activity details, selecting additional criteria mapping, etc.
- Once you have made all changes, click Sync Activities on the top right of your screen.
- The learner's delivery programme is selected by default. In cases where there is more than one programme, you can choose from the dropdown menu. A full list of all activities available for you to 'sync' will be displayed; you can filter the activities to only show activities of a particular type. This will filter the list to only show you the relevant activities. If there are many activities, the list may span several pages.
You can use the Activity Type filter or the Search functionality to locate the activity you are looking to synchronise.
- Use the checkboxes to select the activities you wish to synchronise.
- You can choose to select all the activities displayed on a page, or all the activities across all the pages.
- After you have selected the list of activities to be synchronised, click Next.
- Any learners on the same programme will be displayed for you to select from. Select Learners
- You can filter the learners by using the available filters: Programme Status, Groups, and Tutors. Within each filter, you can use the search functionality to filter learners by a specific criteria. Note that learners with a 'Pending Change of Programme' status will not show up on the list.
- Select your learner(s) and click Next.
- Select Statuses
- Select the applicable statuses, and click Next.
- The Summary screen summarises the options selected in the tool, and lists the learners who will be affected by the synchronisation. The Summary displays:
- Number of activities selected
- Number of learners selected
- Selected programme or sub-programme
- Number of component statuses selected
- Selected component statuses
- In case there are some learners for whom some activities will not be synchronised, this is mentioned as a warning.
- The following columns are shown on the Summary grid:
- Activity type
- Action: Synchronise, or Added, or Deleted
- Last Updated date
- Number of learners that this activity will be synchronised for
- Number of learners that this activity will not be synchronised for
- In the Summary grid, you can see the expanded view for each activity to see the details of Learners to be synchronised and the Learners not synchronised.
- To proceed, click Confirm & Synchronise.
Once the synchronisation is successful, you will see a success message at the bottom left of your screen.
Subject to what was specified on the Summary screen, the learners will now have the synchronised changes made in their learning plans.