Multi-Factor Verification using SMS
We are implementing the ability to enable Multi-Factor Verification (MFV) functionality which verifies Employer users using SMS text messages during account registration. After this has been enabled for your tenant, administrators can enable this feature at the tenant level. For more information, see: Configuring MFA on a tenant.
When MFV is enabled, Employers will be taken to a verification step to verify if they are the intended recipient of the registration email. The system will then use a third-party SMS service to verify users using SMS. For further information, see: Multi-Factor Verification for Employers.
In cases where MFV is enabled, the Mobile Number field will be mandatory while creating or editing a user. This is also true in case you are creating users via CSV upload/ API.
New Compliant RPL Process
The process for adjusting duration of programme and total price for the programme has been changed in the 22/23 funding rules. Using the New RPL tracker, administrators will be able to apply the correct reductions to price and duration based on the apprentice’s Recognised Prior Learning, so that they can submit a compliant and accurate ILR.
For more information, see: New RPL Tracker.
Update to the apprenticeship batch export modal
The apprenticeship batch export filter modal has been expanded to include additional fields, allowing administrators to filter their apprentices into appropriate groups for export. This filtering before export will eliminate the need for data manipulation of exported data.
For more information, see: Apprenticeship Service export template.
Update to Qualifications Export
With regard to the Registration & Certification information export, some labels and column/field names on the CSV file have been updated. We have added in additional data fields in the exported file. All the existing and new fields have been made available to OData and UGR for reporting. Note that the ability to update fields via the import functionality is unchanged.
For the current list of fields, see: Registration & Certification Import & Export.
Update to the 'Sign' button behaviour on the Signatures grid
The existing behaviour of the Sign button on the Signatures grid led customers to get re-signatures from other parties even when it was not required. This has now been updated to a more intuitive process which does not lead to multiple re-sign requests being generated.
- In case of both the Compliance and Review Signatures, initially for sign action or edit both we were displaying the title of the document as "Edit". Now, we have a different title - "Sign" for the Sign action.
- In case of Compliance documents. Previously with the Sign option, you were also able to edit all the fields. We have changed this - Now these fields won't be editable anymore. When you click Sign - you can only edit the "Signature" and "Position" fields. You can of course Edit the fields using the EDIT option.
- In case where documents were already signed by another party, previously, a confirmation bubble was displayed that allowed the user to reset the existing signatures in case of an edit. Since we have removed the ability to edit from the Sign screen, this is no longer required. Once you sign, you can save changes, and the document will be saved. You can of course reset existing signatures from using the EDIT option.
With these changes, we have set a clear distinction between the sign and edit option - whereas previously they were both very similar.
Minor updates and Bug fixes
- On the apprenticeship batch modal in the ILR tile in Aptem Classic, the available programs in the programme filter are now limited to programs with a Training - Apprenticeship delivery type.
- Custom Trackers were still appearing in the 'Type' dropdown in the Tracker tile after being removed from the programme builds. This issue has now been resolved. Now, after the trackers have been removed from all of the programmes builds, they will no longer appear in the dropdown.
- Some accessibility issues were reported on the Tasks screen. These issues have been resolved.
- The Participant details tab did not display the title along with the participant name in cases where the participant was created through PRaP import. This issue has been resolved.
- In cases where customers were viewing the second or third page of submitted evidence against an activities, there was a navigation issue while navigating from the evidence associated with one activity to the evidence associated with another activity. This issue has now been resolved.
- The date custom field in the Additional information section on the Extended ILR was not holding data. This has been resolved, and the custom field now holds the saved data.
- The progress stats displayed on the Learner Progress card on the dashboard were not matching the stats displayed on the 'Progress Overview' card. This has now been resolved.