Maintenance and improvements
During 2021 we developed a number of significant new features for our customers which have received fantastic feedback.
Over the first few months of 2022, we are giving particular focus to support tickets/minor updates and making improvements to these newly introduced features based upon the feedback we have received from customers.
We have also been working hard behind the scenes to deliver some incredibly exciting new features in the coming months - more on this to come.
Updates to Jobs functionality
Wage type field added to Jobs forms
Administrators can now set the wage type for a job while creating or editing job forms in Aptem Classic.
The Salary (per annum) field has been removed from the ‘Create Job’ form for new jobs. For existing jobs, the Salary (per annum) field is now a read-only field. When an existing Job is copied, the Salary (per annum) field will not be copied.
When the Fixed Wage is selected as the Wage Type, then a ‘Fixed Wage Yearly Amount’ is displayed beneath the Wage Type field. You must enter a wage in currency format. If you leave this field blank, you cannot save the changes.
Wage types can be managed via OData/API
Wage types can be set, updated or retrieved using the Jobs API. The Jobs API endpoints (POST, PUT, GET) have been updated to include the WageType field, and the FixedWageYearlyAmount fields.
Updates to Jobs CSV export
Wage Type and Fixed Wage Yearly Amount have been added as new columns in the export csv, after the Web Address column.
Min Salary and Max Salary are shown if the customer has recorded this for any Jobs. If the customer has not recorded these fields, the columns are not displayed.
Updates to Jobs Generic Reports
- A new checkbox 'Wage Type' has been added to the Jobs Details section of JGR Dropdown filter (under Web Address).
- A new checkbox 'Fixed Wage Yearly Amount' has been added to the Jobs Details section of JGR Dropdown (under Wage Type).
- When an administrator selects 'Wage Type' from the Dropdown Filter, then 'Wage Type' is added to the report grid.
- When an administrator selects 'Fixed Wage Yearly Amount' from the Dropdown Filter, then ''Fixed Wage Yearly Amount' is added to the report grid.
- When an administrator deselects 'Wage Type' from the Dropdown Filter, then 'Wage type' is removed from the report grid.
- When an administrator deselects 'Fixed Wage Yearly Amount' from the dropdown filter, then 'Wage type' is removed from the report grid.
- If administrators who have 'Wage Type' present in the report grid select Quicksheet, 'Wage Type' is present in the Quicksheet, and it will be in the export.
- If administrators who have 'Fixed Wage Yearly Amount' present in the report grid select Quicksheet, then 'Fixed Wage Yearly Amount' is present in the Quicksheet, and it will be in the export.
API and OData updates
Update to entity set: Employer Groups
- An update has been made to the entity set called Employer Groups in the OData APIs. It now returns a list of all Employer Groups records within a tenant, and has the following fields:
- Created Date
- Updated Date
- When a new Employer Group record is created, the Created Date and Updated Date are set to the current date/time.
- When an Employer Group is saved, the Updated Date is set to the current date/time.
New entity set: Groups
- A new entity set called Groups is being added to the OData APIs. It returns a list of all Groups records within a tenant, and has the following fields:
- Created Date
- Updated Date
- When a new Group record is created, the Created Date and Updated Date are set to the current date/time.
- When a Group is saved, the Updated Date is set to the current date/time.
Update to Compliance Document behaviour
When an administrator processes a change in working hours using the Change of Working Conditions tracker, and the 'Programme End Date' field on the learner's programme details is updated, the changes caused by the change in working hours are shown in the compliance paperwork.
The compliance documents is regenerated. The new compliance documents has a revised "Duration of practical period" field.
The Duration of Practical Period formula applies to all circumstances where the Programme End Date is different to the planned end date in the ILR.
For more information, see: Duration of Practical Period formula.
Updates to the caseload count for some Work Coaches
The caseload count of work coaches is now based upon a different set of statuses when all their learners are on Restart programmes.
The "Current caseload" of an administrator displayed on the scheduling assistant has been updated to show a count of learners matching the following criteria:
- Learners who are on a delivery programme with delivery type "Employ - Restart", and have the following programme status:
- - Active
- - Onboarding
- - Left Employment Active
- - In Work (Mandatory)
- Learners who are on a delivery programme that is NOT of delivery type "Employ - Restart", and do not have one of the following programme status:
- Non starter
- Early leaver
- Not eligible
- Withdrawn (w/o funding)
- Ready to enrol
- On probation
- Under review
Update to Custom Fields on the Learner Details tab
While editing the custom fields section of the Learner Details tab of the Learner Profile, it is now possible to select 'no value' or remove a previously saved value. With this change, the custom fields behaviour in Aptem Console is now aligned with Aptem Classic.
Aptem Classic - Deprecated functionality / other changes
- The VLE tile has been removed from Aptem classic.
- The Aptem mobile app functionality has been retired and will no longer be supported. The mobile app has been removed from Microsoft Store, Google Play, and App Store. Aptem uses the latest 'PWA' (Progressive Web App) technology which supersedes these legacy applications.
View EPAPro integration errors
Tenant Administrators can now view any errors that occur via the integration with EPAPro. These errors may be those that occur during the registering of a learner, or during the updating of learners.
On the Settings>Integrations>End-Point Assessment screen, an additional tab titled 'Error logs' is displayed. When this tab is selected, the Error logs panel is displayed. Once the errors have been resolved, they are no longer be displayed on the grid.
To keep the list of errors relevant, a nightly job removes old errors - all errors that are more than three months old are removed from the grid.
For more information, see: View EPAPro integration errors.
Update to the synchronisation functionality
- The Aptem Classic synchronisation tool displays the recently deleted activities in the popup. And after the page is reloaded, the deleted component is not displayed in the popup. The Aptem Console synchronisation tool has been updated to match the behaviour in Aptem Classic.
- The system has been updated to not allow administrators to synchronise finished components if they do not have the permission to edit/delete finished components.
- In the section showing the Activity Audit history, there were some UI issues, and some parts of the audit history were being displayed with html tags. In some cases, the audit history screen was not loading. These issues have now been resolved.
- While using the filters on the Learners grid, the Clear Filters button was not clearing the values displayed in the 'Employer' field. This issue has now been resolved.
- In some cases, Work Coaches were reporting some UI issues on the Documents screen. These issues have now been fixed. Improvements have also been made to improve accessibility and fix UI issues for Mobile/Tablet users.
- On the Onboarding Wizard, all required fields were not marked with an asterisk. This has now been fixed.
- In the Aptem Classic CV Builder functionality, formatting issues relating to the bolding of the headings have been fixed in the section titled Education.
- In some cases, the option to remove a file was missing from the Create/Edit Qualification file uploader. Since there was no 'remove' icon, users were unable to remove the file. This issue has now been resolved.
Previously, when marking a component as QA completed, it was not adding to the 'Quality Assured Stat'. This issue has been resolved. Now, when 'QA Completed' is set, the counter for 'Ready for QA' will be reduced. The system does not count activities in the 'Ready for QA' state if they are set to 'QA Completed'.
- In some circumstances Employers were able to see the 'edit' or 'delete' buttons while viewing reviews, although they were not able to make any actual changes. This issue has been resolved, and Employer will no longer see the option to edit or delete reviews.
- In Aptem Classic, calendars entries from the 28th of March onwards were an hour behind compared to console. This has now been fixed.
- Upon selection of a learner on the 'Create Tracker' screen, the list of tutors available on the 'Assignee' dropdown list should contain only those tutors that have a common group with the selected learner. This behaviour was previously incorrect. It has now been fixed.
- When selecting a learner on the 'Create Tracker' screen, and then applying a filter, the list of tutors available on the 'Assignee' dropdown list should contain all the tutors. This behaviour was previously incorrect. It has now been fixed.
- In some cases, administrators were unable to mark admin's review meeting tasks as complete because the option to complete the task was not available. The option has now been made available, and administrators can now mark the admin's task as complete - this then updates the learner's task. Note that administrators cannot manually update the learners task in classic/console.
- In some cases, when a document was removed from the Change of Name tracker, the administrator was getting logged out of the system. This issue has now been resolved.
- The file upload progress was not being displayed in certain cases like: Import qualifications/assessments, qualification certificate, and legal change of name evidence. This has now been fixed.
- When deleting a sub-programme, the confirmation popup was showing up as blank. This issue has now been resolved.
- While attaching a file to a message, an error was occurring in case of large files. This has now been fixed.
- In some cases, a system error was reported when exporting an e-Portfolio exceeding 2GB size using Aptem Classic. This issue has now been resolved.
- After marking an overdue activity as 'Not completed', it was still showing as overdue, thus affecting the overdue metrics. This has now been fixed.
- When an Administrator / Quality Assurer logs out from the Mark Evidence / Quality Assure screen, and then logs in again, they should see the Learning Plan screen. In some scenarios they were instead seeing the same Mark Evidence / Quality Assure screen. This issue has now been resolved.
- In some cases, where a Tutor gave feedback and selected "Accept", the status for the evidence was being displayed in the notification as "QA referral feedback" instead of "QA feedback actioned". This has now been fixed.
- In some cases, when a Tutor clicked on a notification after QA feedback, an error was being displayed. This issue has now been resolved.
- In some cases, the Math and English exemption status was not pulling through on UGR reports and the section was appearing blank. This issue has now been resolved and the exempt/ not-exempt status is now being displayed for all learners.
- Previously, the Employer's role title was not getting pre-populated in each UVAC commitment statement document. This has now been fixed.
- In some cases, deleted review types were still available on the Create Review form, under the Review type dropdown. This has now been fixed.
- When administrators using Aptem Classic saved the data on a Review section without changing empty fields, the validation notification was appearing outside the Review section. This has now been fixed.