Maintenance and improvements
During 2021 we developed a number of significant new features for our customers which have received fantastic feedback but took a significant proportion of our time and attention.
Over the course of Q1 2022 we are paying particular focus to support tickets/minor updates and making improvements to these newly introduced features based upon the feedback we have received from customers.
As a result, in the releases during Q1 2022 you will see a larger number of items than usual in the bugs and minor updates section. We will update the bugs and minor updates section a week before each release.
Alongside addressing this customer feedback, we have been working hard behind the scenes on technical aspects that will allow us to deliver some incredibly exciting new features over the course of the year. More information will be shared on these in the coming months.
Updates to Dashboards
During the course of 2021 we introduced the Learner, Performance and Employer dashboards. We are really pleased with how much positive feedback we have had since their release and are pleased to say that the next stage of their development is in progress.
We are now pleased to introduce drilldowns for the visualisation cards and additional filtering to allow for increased data analysis and to further increase the ease of learner management.
For more information on the Performance dashboard drilldowns, see the following articles:
- Performance Dashboard - Progress Overview drilldowns
- Performance Dashboard - Caseload Summary drilldowns
- Performance Dashboard - Caseload Lifecycle drilldowns
- Performance Dashboard - RAG Status drilldowns
For more information on the Employer dashboard drilldowns, see the following articles:
- Employer Dashboard - Progress Overview drilldowns
- Employer Dashboard - Caseload Summary drilldowns
- Employer Dashboard - Caseload Lifecycle drilldowns
- Employer Dashboard - RAG Status drilldowns
Update to the Off-The-Job Hours card
An additional item Submitted Off-The-Job Hours has now been added to the performance dashboard Off-The-Job Hours card. This item shows the hours recorded for evidence submitted against components that are not yet accepted.
Dashboard metrics for limited set of learners
In the default view, Administrators/Employers viewing the performance dashboard / employer dashboard can now see metrics only for those learners who are on a delivery programme. In addition, learners with the following programme status will be excluded:
- Non starter
- Early leaver
- Not eligible
- Withdrawn (w/o funding)
- You can now retrieve the answers given by learners to custom onboarding questions via OData using the "OnboardingResponses" entity set. Previously, only responses to the current programme were available in the Users Table and UGR. Now, you can use OData to report on onboarding data for a learner collected through an earlier programme even though the learner is now working through a delivery programme.
- In some cases, a duplicated Review document was causing data integrity issues in the OData Reviews entity, leading to potential errors in client-side integrations. This issue has now been resolved.
Updates to Trackers functionality
Trackers functionality: migration to console
- Create new trackers
- Edit existing trackers
- Export tracker information via CSV
Minor updates to Process Automation Trackers
- In case of the "Change of employer" and "Change of working conditions" process automation trackers:
- The calculated planned end-date to be used when updating the programme is now displayed.
- Administrator can now override the planned date and enter an alternate date.
- In some cases, there was an error in calculating the planned end-date. This issue has now been resolved.
- Administrators can now set a future employment date in the Change of employer tracker, and ensure that documents are signed in advance of the change.
- The Change of working conditions tracker was making incorrect changes to the planned dates in some cases involving a change of working hours request. This issue has now been resolved.
- Users were unable to save a Change of Working Conditions tracker after uploading a document to the tracker. This issue has now been resolved.
- In some cases, after creating a Change of Employer Tracker, the User tab of the ILR and the ESFA Commitment statement were being populated with an incorrect start date of new employment. This issue has been resolved, and the Start date of new employment is now accurately reflected in all areas of the system.
- While creating or updating an administrator account via API, the "usePWA" field is now a mandatory field.
- The ability to set UserName for administrators via API has been added.
- The Job API endpoints have been updated so that you can get and set a case owner for a job, and retrieve/record the administrator responsible for the job vacancy.
Updates to the learning plan layout and components behaviour
Following customer feedback, we are making a number of usability improvements to the learning plan and associated functionality.
A number of changes are planned and clarification on the detail of these and exact timings for release will be shared in due course, but some key highlights include:
- The learning plan has been updated to show the complete by date for the activity and ordered by this date
- Overdue activities/components now appear in the month they are due, and are flagged as overdue
Also see: Updates to the Learning Plan view.
Updates to the Jobs functionality
- Administrators with the Data Export role can now select job records and export them in CSV format.
- There was an error where users were unable to choose the 'undefined' option on the "Organisation" field while searching for jobs. This issue has now been resolved.
- While using the Jobs tile in Aptem Classic, users can now use the following filters on the jobs grid:
- Case owner
- Posted by
- Contract type
- Expired jobs
- Filled jobs
Other minor updates
- We have removed the state benefit answers that are no longer relevant.
- If you are using the ILR form in the onboarding programme, we now provide the option to select if the household situation question should be displayed.
- The username field was appearing as mandatory when editing a prospect record. We have now corrected this.
- The "minimum duration" warning message when enrolling a learner has been made clearer.
- Users were unable to upload documents to a cloned learning plan component. This issue has now been resolved. Users can now upload documents while editing the component after cloning or copying it. Users cannot upload documents during the process of copying.
- There was an error which caused the Programme Length for main programmes to differ from the programme length for sub-programmes. This was resulting in a mismatch in the end dates of the main programme and sub-programme. This issue has now been resolved and the end date of the main programme now matches the end date of the sub-programmes.
- In the PLR section of Review and Onboarding Wizard, existing records were being overwritten in cases where the Subject field was matching. This issue has now been resolved. The records are now overwritten only when both Type and Subject match the existing record. When only one of them matches - a new record is created.
- In some cases, the Ethnicity data was not pulling through from the Onboarding Wizard to the Annex H compliance document. This issue has now been resolved.
- In some cases, the Commitment Statement and ILR were showing different Minimum OTJ hours. This issue has now been resolved, and the Minimum OTJ hours now match.
- In some cases, learners' sub-programmes and assessment reports were visible to only those users who have both the Internal Verifier and Assessor roles. This has now been resolved, and the Assessment Report grid is now also visible to Internal Verifiers who do not have the Assessor role.
In some cases, BKSB results are not pulling through to Aptem. This issue has now been resolved.
The Upload Users functionality was updating the planned hours to an incorrect value when updating users details after the Migrate ILR step had been performed. This issue has now been resolved.
- In some cases, Progress review hours were being recorded as Off-the-Job hours. The Progress review hours were being incorrectly recorded on both the Off-the-Job record document and on the learning plan Off-the-Job hours record. This issue has now been resolved.
- For employers using Aptem console, the mobile number field on the "About you" form is no longer mandatory.