Following feedback received from an external consultant and feature requests submitted, improvements have been identified and made to the existing ESFA commitment statement layout and functionality.
Updated commitment statement features applied to the ESFA commitment statement:
- Version control has been added to commitment statements to enable effective management – When a compliance document is created or is updated, a ‘Version Created’ date and time will be displayed in the Programme Compliance Documents Token, against the compliance document in the user profile, and in the top corner of the commitment statements.
- Excessive page breaks and spacing have been removed from the on-screen and PDF documents to improve the layout.
- Where a customer logo has been added into your organisation profile it will be shown in the top right-hand corner of the commitment statement document.
- The learner’s "Start date with Employer" has been added as a new field under the "Employment Details" section of the commitment statement.
- A new editable free-text field entitled "summary of any identified support required" has been added under the "Functional skills" section to enable functional skills-specific support to be recorded against the learner.
- A new "Learning Support" section has been added to the document with two sub-sections; “Summary of Learning Support Assessment Made” and “Summary of Learning Support Agreed”. These will be populated from the “Description” and “Actions to Support” sections of the learner’s most recent “individual Support Needs/Requirements” review panel where these have been completed. These sections can be edited at an individual learner level when creating each document.
- The commitment statement template sections for “the main provider will”, “the employer will”, the “the apprentice will” and “Resolving Problems”, will be pre-populated by default with a suggested text. The default text can then if you wish, be edited or replaced by you in the programme level pre-population or at an individual learner level when creating the document.
- An additional field “Planned Date”, taken from the “complete by” date in each component has been added to the "Learning Plan" section.
- An additional field "Actual Date", taken from the “Completed” date field in a learner review has been added to the "Progress Reviews" grid and will be shown where a review has been completed.
- A more detailed calculation of the off-the-job minimum required hours has been added to provide clarity in the "Off-The-Job Training Hours" section.
- The telephone number for in company details is now populating correctly from the primary employer contact.