Milestones from the console
In this release, we have migrated the milestones functionality to the console. This replaces the "Milestones" tile in Aptem classic which will be switched off in the February 2022 release.
In addition, the following improvements have been made to milestones:
- Additional fields have been added to record dates and reference numbers for credit and debit payments related to the milestone.
- A view of the full audit history of changes to milestone records has been added.
Registration & Certification from the console
In this release, we have enabled the ability to manage the registration and certification of qualifications from the console. This replaces the "Awarding body qualifications" tile in Aptem classic which will be switched off in the December 2021 release.
Recording assessment results for qualifications
In this release, we have added the following features to the assessment results functionality:
- The ability to create and update assessment results in bulk using a CSV import
- The ability to export assessment results as a CSV file
For more information, see: Assessments - CSV import and export.
Assessment results will be added to the OData APIs in a future release.
Updates to Markers (Employ only)
We have made the following improvements to markers:
- The "Cold referral" marker will be switched on when a new participant is created via the PRaP import file.
- The "Cold referral" marker will also be switched on when a new participant the warm handover is marked as not completed.
- Safeguarding and Incident markers will be enabled when identified from the PRaP import file.
For more information, see: Automated switches for markers.
Compliance document update
Following the publication by UVAC of their updated commitment statement template, we have made the required changes to the ‘Summary’ and ‘Components’ versions of these documents in this release.
Summary of changes to the UVAC Commitment Statements
The declaration text in Section 1.1, text in Annex A under “Apprenticeship Individual Learning Plan & Schedule”, and suggested text in sections 3.1 to 3.3 have been updated. The footer has been updated to reflect the new version. Totals have been added to Section A learning plan hours, and the functional skills plan dates will now be derived from the ILR component aim providing the appropriate aim reference is entered in the qualification component.
Universities and other HE providers who are using these commitment statements should read the detailed article to understand the changes and how they have been applied.
For further information, see: Updates to existing UVAC commitment statements.
Single Sign On
Single Sign On (SSO) is now supported from the console login page. Upon successful login, the user will be directed to Aptem console or Aptem classic accordingly. In a future release, the classic login will be removed, and all users will be required to use the console login to access Aptem. You will be notified in advance when we are ready to make this change.
For further information, see: Single Sign On for users.
Updates to Minimum OTJ Hours calculation
- Previously, the system was recalculating the required OTJ Hours field where 'current date' occurred after the 'Planned End Date' – this behaviour has been fixed. Now, the required OTJ hours will not increase in this scenario.
- Previously, if the 'Learning Actual End date' was entered, and if it differed from the 'Planned End date', then the 'Minimum OTJ hours' figure was re-calculated based on the 'Learning Actual End date'. This behaviour has now been updated to the following:
- Where 'Learning Actual End Date' is after the 'Learning Planned End Date', the required OTJ Hours field will not be re-calculated when 'Learning Actual End Date' is entered.
- Where 'Learning Actual End Date' is before the 'Learning Planned End Date', the required OTJ Hours field will be re-calculated when 'Learning Actual End Date' is entered.
- In all scenarios, the 'Planned Hours' field on the ILR will remain un-changed.
- Note that the current behaviour to adjust the required minimum OTJ hours where a break in learning has occurred will remain the same.
- We have added a downtime notification banner to the console to make it easier to notify customers of a scheduled downtime for maintenance or updates. The banner will be added to the Aptem classic user interface in a future release.
- We have updated the banner in classic for accessing the console UI to reflect that the console version is not a trial.
The delivery programme email notification that a learner receives has been updated to a simpler and clearer message.
Administrators will now be able to view the BKSB learner diagnostics results with a precision of 1 decimal place.
Learners will now be able to connect to the 'Digital Skills' Initial Assessment from the onboarding wizard, when they click the ICT BKSB link. This ensures that learners complete the correct Digital Skills course when assessing their Digital Skills. Note that no changes are required in relation to Skills Forward, as the courses are assigned based on the customer's license with Skills Forward.