This feature/article is applicable to the DWP Restart programme only.
A monitoring tracker is a type of tracker that, where applicable, enables a work coach to initiate the process for sanctioning a participant on a DWP employability programme. A monitoring tracker will only automatically be created if the participant has:
- the ‘Make activity mandatory’ field selected in their participant profile,
- an activity on their action plan has been marked as mandatory, and
- a mandatory activity on their action plan has been marked as ‘Not complete’.
The monitoring tracker is automatically generated when the all the three conditions listed above are met.
Please note this feature is only available in Aptem console and not Aptem classic.
Monitoring tracker workflow
Once you have marked an activity on a participant’s action plan as ‘Not complete’, a monitoring tracker is automatically created.
Please follow these steps to action the monitoring tracker.
- In the participants profile, click on the ellipses menu and select Trackers.
- You can search for the monitoring tracker via the ‘Search key word’ by ‘Type’ (Monitoring), or by the additional filtering options (date range, assignee, and status).
- Once you have located the monitoring tracker that you wish to action, click on the ellipses menu to edit the tracker. In order to edit the monitoring tracker, you must have the Process Automation Trackers (Edit) role assigned to your administrator account.
- The Tracker has the following fields:
- The Type is set to a ‘monitoring’ type tracker.
- The Status will default to ‘New’ when it is auto-created.
- The Assignee will default to the component owner of the activity that triggered the tracker. By default, the tracker is assigned to the Work Coach. If the activity that has been marked as 'Not Completed' was assigned to someone other than the work coach, then the tracker is assigned to them. If you need to assign the monitoring tracker to another administrator select the relevant assignee from the drop-down list.
- The Component details section has the details of the activity that had a status change to ‘Not Completed’. You can see a link to the activity, the date it was supposed to be completed by, and the reason for non-completion.
- The DMA paperwork raised defaults to ‘Yes’. You are required to upload the completed DMA paperwork using the file upload. If you select ‘No’, you will be required to give a reason as to why the paperwork has not been raised.
- The Notes section to add additional written information.
- The tracker History details when the tracker was created, who created it, what participant it is for, the type, the status, if the DMA paperwork has been raised and the assignee - the person responsible for actioning the tracker.
- Once you have made the appropriate updates to the monitoring tracker click Save.
- Depending on your job role, you will see different status options in the status drop down menu.
- Work coaches have the ability to change the status of a monitoring tracker to:
- Those responsible for completing the monitoring tracker process (i.e., Compliance and Audit Teams) may require two additional roles - Process Automation Trackers (Pre-Authorise) and/or Process Automation Trackers (Process). By having these additional roles, the relevant staff will be able to update the status of a monitoring tracker to:
- Please note that the status of ‘Rejected’ and ‘Closed’ are the final process stages of a monitoring tracker, and will move the tracker to a read-only view against the participant's record.
- Those with the Supervisor role will be able to update the sanction status of the participant via the personal details section of the participant profile from the default ‘Not under sanction’ to one of the following depending on the outcome/status of the monitoring tracker:
- Pending decision for failure to attend
- Under sanction for failure to attend
- Pending decision for failure to comply
- Under sanction for failure to comply