A Referrer is a person who refers individuals to employers or training organisations as possible apprentices or trainees. Referrers are important to register for regular contacts and to have a full audit trail of apprentices and trainees.
Referrers can be created directly from the Users tile or as an activity within the creation of a learner
(see Create a new Referrer while creating a Learner later in this article).
To create an individual Learner account: Create a Learner account (Classic)
To create an Employer user account: Create an Employer user (Classic)
Create a Referrer user
To create a new Referrer:
- Click Create, Referrer on the dropdown list and click Yes to confirm. The user Type Referrer dialog is shown.
(Note: The initial question of 'Would you like to invite this user into Aptem' is not shown when creating a Referrer or an Administrator account, as it is when creating a Learner or an Employer ).
- Complete the fields as described in the table below.
|User Type (M)||The Type is fixed as Referrer, following your choice in creation.|
|First name (M) [M means mandatory]||Enter Forename.|
|Surname (M)||Enter surname / family name.|
|Gender (O) [O means Optional]||Optionally, you may select Male or Female.|
Enter the Email address of the Referrer ensuring no spaces in the standard formats of firstname.lastname@example.org [*.com,*.de etc).
[name may be in the form name1.name2].
|Confirm email (M)||Enter the email address again to confirm.|
|Mobile||Enter the Mobile telephone number in the UK or international standard as illustrated.|
Click the checkbox to select the group to which the user should be allocated, in the example, 'Demonstration group (186961)'. Groups can be created specifically by the customer's Administrators with appropriate permissions.
In a complex organisation there may be many groups and sub-groups. The Collapse all or Expand all choices ease your navigation to show just the main group names or the complete hierarchy.
|Postcode, Address 1, Address 2, Town/City, County, Country||Collect the data from the Referrer and enter them in the relevant fields.|
|Referrer||Click the down-pointing arrow head in the Referrer field to show the existing Referrers. Select a Referrer from the list if the Referrer you are creating is a person within an existing Referrer organisation.|
Click the green '+' sign to show the new Referrer additional information dialog to collect the necessary details.
You can select the Status, the name of the Referrer organisation, the name of the Administrator (the default being the creator), the category from the dropdown list or add a new Category and the website address.
When you have completed your entries click Create to create the Referrer or Close to cancel the creation, leaving any data unchanged.
- To edit an Referrer, click the pencil icon and you can edit the existing Referrer data.
- To view the Profile of a Referrer, click the hyperlinked name in the user list to show a Profile page with the contact details first, followed by the many aspects of the Referrer that can be recorded by the Aptem system.
- To edit a Referrer, click the pencil icon and you can edit the existing Referrer data. For details see
- From the Profile Page you can send an Invitation Email to the Referrer into Aptem. Click Send Invitation to send and you will receive confirmation that it was sent.
- See How to Edit a user's Profile - Draft Update (zendesk.com)
Create a new Referrer while creating a Learner
When you are in the Create Learner dialog three sets of details of a Referrer can be entered:
- Select the Referrer from the dropdown list if present. If the Referrer is not in the list click the green '+' sign to show the new Referrer dialog:
Here you can select the Status, Name, Owner and Category of the new Referrer from the dropdown lists. You can create a new Category and enter the Website address.
Click Save to save your data or Close to exit and leave the dialog unchanged.
- Select the Referrer Address from the dropdown list if present. If the address is not present, click the green '+' sign to show the new Referrer Address dialog to enter the necessary details.
Enter the address details and click the Create button or Close to leave unchanged, until you have the correct data.
- Select the Referrer Contact from the dropdown list if present. If the contact is present, click the green '+' sign to show the new Referrer Contact dialog to enter the additional details.
- Enter the contact details and click the Create button or Close to leave empty, until you have the correct data.
When you have successfully added a Referrer, you are returned to the Add user screen. Errors are shown in red below the field containing an error.
|Name||Enter the name of the Referrer.|
|Owner||Select the Administrator Owner from the dropdown list. The default is the Administrator who is creating the Referrer.|
|Enter the email address ensuring no spaces in the standard format.|
|Phone||Enter the telephone number of the Referrer Contact.|
|Additional phone||Enter any additional telephone number of the Referrer Contact.|
|Role||Enter the telephone number of the Referrer Contact.|
|Address, Address 2, City||Enter the Head Office address of the Referrer.|
|URL||Enter the website address of this new Referrer Contact in the standard form: https://newreferrersite.com or .co.uk.|
When you have completed all the details correctly, click Save and the new referrer is established in the system and you are returned to the Add user screen.
If there is an error in your completion of the form and you try to Save, the save will fail meaning you have not completed a field correctly and these will be highlighted by red explanatory text next to the incomplete or erroneous data.
If you click the Close button with errors still highlighted, the data you entered is lost and will have to start again when you have all the information required.