You can bulk import organisation details in to your Aptem tenant. This process requires you to download a defined CVS file with specific data headings in the file. Once you have populated the CVS file, you can upload the file via the organisations function. When you have successfully imported your CSV file, Aptem will create each of the organisation types that you have input via the file.
To begin the bulk import process, navigate to the organisations function.
- Click the ‘Import from CVS’ icon.
- Once you click the ‘Import from CVS’ icon, you will be presented with an upload screen. On this screen, to the right, there is a blue question mark symbol. Click the question mark.
- This CSV file format instructions contain the details of the data and the format in which it must be imported.
- At the bottom of this instruction there is a sample CSV file which you can download and populate with organisation data.
- The minimum/mandatory data that you must include in the CSV import file are
- Type (Employer, Referrer, Training, Other)
- Status (Confirmed, Opportunity)
- Name (Name of Org)
- Category (Industry type)
- For the import file to successfully import you must not change the names of the headers in the data sheet, you must not populate data sells with info such as ‘Not Known or question marks or inaccurate data (i.e., wrong number of digits in a telephone number) you must not use / when adding data. You must ensure that when you are copying data into the CSV file that there are no spaces at the end of the data cell you are putting data into.
- If you do not have any data for any of the data cells other than the minimum/mandatory fields then leave the cell blank-failure to do so will result in the file erroring when trying to import and you will need to fix the data before you can import it.
- Once you have populated the CSV file click the ‘Import from CSV icon.
- Click the ‘Select file’ button.
- Once you have selected your file click the upload button.
- Aptem will import all data that is correct in the CSV file and warn you of any errors that are within the file for you to correct
- Once you are satisfied with the imported data, click Import file again to complete the import procedure.
- The system will generate a receipt file which you can download to view what data was successfully imported.