ILR Specification Updates 2021/2022
Following the ESFA's updates to the ILR specification, Aptem will be updated to reflect the changes in the schema. The following changes will be included:
- A new Prior attainment entity will be added to improve the data collected for prior attainment.
This contains two new fields: Prior Level and Date applies from. The previous Prior attainment field will be removed.
- Two new codes will be added to the prior attainment code list: Level 2 (code 3) and Level 3 (code 5). The previous code 'Other qualifications below level 1' will be removed.
- A new code ESM type (OET) will be added to record redundancy along with 6 unassigned codes.
- The maximum occurrence for Employment Status Monitoring (ESM) will be increased from 7 to 9.
- The "Apprenticeship Pathway" field will be changed to "Pathway" and the field length will be increased from 3 to 4 characters.
Source of Funding indicators will be added for Sheffield City Region Combined Authority and West Yorkshire Combined Authority who will receive an adult education budget.
Improvements to reviews
Following customer feedback, we have started a series of improvements to our review functionality. Later this year, we will be introducing the ability to control which sections of a review are visible to system users. Furthermore, we will be adding the ability for learners, line managers and/or job seekers to contribute to the reviews in advance of a meeting.
This month we will be making the following improvements:
- We are adding the ability to update the programme status of a learner/jobseeker from a review.
- We are also updating the review document so that the sections match the order of the review and will appear in the same format as it appears on the website.
Further process automation
Process automation helps you reduce the amount of administrative effort in managing learners and helps you ensure compliance. This release will include the process automation associated with a change in a learner's working conditions.
Additional Learning Support
The "Additional learning support" automation process provides an interface to start and stop funding claims for a learner. A tracker request can be created by those with permissions to do so, which in turn can be reviewed and then approved/rejected and marked for processing. When marked for processing, the tracker will record and close the existing funding claim or start a new funding claim dependent upon the circumstances.
Completion of a component aim
The "Completion of a component aim" automation process tracks the progress of component aims recorded in the learning plan and generates a tracker upon the mapped criteria reaching 100%.
The process allows for this to be immediately raised to the compliance team or first sent for approval to an internal verifier. Once verified, the tracker will automatically update the ILR record of the learner.
Following customer feedback, we have started a series of additions to our OData APIs. Over the next 3 months we will be adding the following record sets to the OData feed:
- Learner Employment records (from the ILR)
- Tasks: this will return a list of tasks matching the provided criteria
- Review Responses: this will return a list of answers provided to the custom questions within custom sections of a review.
- Onboarding Responses: this will return a list of answers provided to custom questions within the custom questionnaire step of an onboarding wizard.
In addition, we will be adding fields to existing entity sets: IlrAims, Users, Episodes, Apprenticeship Financial Records and Learning Plan Components.
Bug fixes and minor updates
- It's now possible to report on which learners are enrolled onto which sub-programmes from both OData and UGR.
- It's now possible to use the new console for completing reviews where a learner is on an onboarding programme.
- The platform will now send an email when a learner is applied to a new programme