ILR Specification Updates 2021/2022
Following the ESFA's updates to the ILR specification, Aptem has been updated to reflect the changes in the schema. The following changes have been included:
- A new Prior attainment entity has been added to improve the data collected for prior attainment.
This contains two new fields: Prior Level and Date applies from. The previous Prior attainment field has been removed.
- Two new codes have been added to the prior attainment code list: Level 2 (code 3) and Level 3 (code 5). The previous code 'Other qualifications below level 1' has been removed.
- A new code ESM type (OET) has been added to record redundancy along with 6 unassigned codes.
- The maximum occurrence for Employment Status Monitoring (ESM) has been increased from 7 to 9.
- The "Apprenticeship Pathway" field has been changed to "Pathway" and the field length has been increased from 3 to 4 characters.
Source of Funding indicators has been added for Sheffield City Region Combined Authority and West Yorkshire Combined Authority who will receive an adult education budget.
Please note that to avoid any accidental changes impacting a customer's funding the 21/22 ILR schema will be disabled until the start of the 21/22 funding year. All active programmes will be automatically updated to the 21/22 ILR schema on 4th August 2021.
Improvements to reviews
Following customer feedback, we have started a series of improvements to our review functionality. Later this year, we will be introducing the ability to control which sections of a review are visible to system users. Furthermore, we will be adding the ability for learners, line managers and/or job seekers to contribute to the reviews in advance of a meeting.
This month, we have updated the following:
- We have updated the review document so that the sections match the order of the review and will now appear in the same format as it appears on the website.
- It is now possible to use the new console for completing reviews where a learner/jobseeker is on an onboarding programme.
Updates to the console
Learner Management - additional filters
On the Learner/Participant management screen, you now have two additional filters:
- Ready for QA
- Unplanned QA
Multiselect option available while filtering
On the Learner/Participant management screen, you can now select multiple entries in the following dropdowns:
- Primary Tutor
On the Learning plan screen, you can now select multiple entries in the following dropdowns:
You can now create a sample plan via console. If you have ONLY the Internal Verifier role assigned to your account, you can carry out the QA Planning process in console, however you cannot carry out the full QA process, and verify evidence from console yet. This will be in a future release.
Further process automation
Process automation helps you reduce the amount of administrative effort in managing learners and helps you ensure compliance. This release will include the process automation associated with a change in a learner's working conditions.
Additional Learning Support
The "Additional learning support" automation process provides an interface to start and stop funding claims for a learner. A tracker request can be created by those with permissions to do so, which in turn can be reviewed and then approved/rejected and marked for processing. When marked for processing, the tracker will record and close the existing funding claim or start a new funding claim dependent upon the circumstances.
For more information, see: Additional learning support.
Completion of a component aim
The "Completion of a component aim" automation process tracks the progress of component aims recorded in the learning plan and generates a tracker upon the mapped criteria reaching 100%.
The process allows for this to be immediately raised to the compliance team or first sent for approval to an internal verifier. Once verified, the tracker will automatically update the ILR record of the learner.
For more information, see: Completion of a component aim.
Bug fixes and minor updates
- It's now possible to report on which learners are enrolled onto which sub-programmes from both OData and UGR.
- We now allow organisations with the same company name to be created via the API.
- We now show the household situation questions within the onboarding wizard ILR step of an onboarding programme.