Aptem can be used to complete, sign and counter sign documentation from all parties who use the system. Many externally funded programmes require the completion of compliance documentation in order to prove registration, receive funding and demonstrate outcomes.
If enabled in your organisation’s account, the following features are available:
- Availability of compliance documents as electronic templates e.g. Individual Learner Record (ILR), individual learning plan.
- Ability for users, learners, advisors and third parties (e.g. employers) to sign documents electronically.
- Automatic population of documentation with relevant information stored within Aptem.
- Generation of signed documents in non-editable pdf format for audit purposes.
Creating or Amending your eSignature
Administrators, learners, and employers will need to create an electronic signature before documents can be signed. It is not necessary to create a signature in advance as Aptem will prompt you to provide a signature sample when one is needed to complete a document. As an administrator you can check and amend your signature at any time.
- Sign into your administrator account.
- Click on the arrow next to your name and choose the ‘My Profile’ option.
- In the contact details section of your profile, click on ‘create’ to add your eSignature. If you have an existing signature, this will be displayed in the signature section of your profile. Creating a new signature will overwrite your existing one.
- A signature box will be displayed. Use your computer mouse or touchscreen to write your signature in the box and then click on ‘Save’.
- Your eSignature will now be available for use on all Compliance Documents within Aptem.
Learner and Employer Signatures
An employer with an Aptem account will be automatically prompted for an eSignature. They can amend their signature using the process described above.
Similarly, users and learners will also be prompted to create an eSignature the first time that it is needed. They can also amend their signature using the following steps:
- Sign into their account and click on the ‘V’ icon next to their profile name, then click on ‘Settings’. Their account settings will be displayed.
- Next click on the ‘Signature sample’ option. Using their computer mouse or touch screen, draw or write their signature.
Learner, employer, or administrator electronic signatures will need to be validated. This is done by uploading to Aptem a signed witnessed declaration that the eSignature is the individual’s signature.
To mandate a signature:
- Sign into your account and click on ‘Users’. Locate either a learner, admin, or employer profile. In the contact details section, click on ‘prepare mandate’.
- Aptem will populate a signature mandate for you as a PDF document that can either be downloaded or displayed in a new window in your web browser. This document will display their signature as well as a space for them to sign and date the form. There is also space for someone to witness the signature. Print this off, sign and date in the relevant fields.
- Either scan or take a digital photo of the signed declaration and save this file to your computer. It can be in jpeg, Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Click on ‘upload signed mandate’ at the bottom of the ‘Contact details’ section of their profile.
- Next click on ‘Select file’ and choose the appropriate file saved on your computer. Then, click on ‘Save’. The electronic version of the mandate will be saved in Aptem and the signature is valid for compliance documentation.
- If an eSignature has not already been created, the individual needs to create this first.
Managing Compliance Documentation
Templates for relevant compliance documents will be available for each user within your account. Examples of available documents include: ILR (Individual Learning Record), commitment statement as well as written agreements. Written agreements need to be signed by the user and your organisation and/or a third party such as an employer.
Each document will be pre-populated with information available within Aptem. For example, ILRs will be populated with learner names, contact details and other information collected directly from users by the onboarding wizard or where provided elsewhere within Aptem such as qualification aims.
All Aptem users (administrators, employers, and learners) can review the status of available compliance documents that they are responsible for signing. Users can only access their own documents.
Administrators can check the status of users in their account. Employers can also check the status of compliance documentation for their employees.
- Sign into your administrator account.
- In the Navigation panel click on the ‘Signatures’ tile. The Compliance document signatures report will be displayed.
- The signature report shows the signature status for all compliance documents that have been created for each user in your account. The list can be searched and filtered by username, document name, signatory status and whether the eSignature mandate has been completed.
Each of the columns ‘User signature’, ‘Employer signature’, and ‘Admin signature’ shows the signatory status of the specific document. There are three possible signature statuses:
- No - Has not been signed
- Yes (no mandate) - where an eSignature has been added to the document, but the signature mandate declaration has not been uploaded.
- Yes – Has been signed successfully
- The list can be searched by completing the relevant information and clicking on ‘Search’.
- Clicking on the ‘Update’ link for a document/user will display that document for review and signature.
Administrators and employers can use this report to find and sign outstanding documents that require their signature.
Notifying Employers and users to sign a document
Once a compliance document has been created all signatories (e.g. the learner, their employer, their tutor) will be automatically notified. This depends on who next needs to sign the document. Within Aptem the tutor or organisation’s administrator is the last person that will sign the document.
- A notification will be sent via the Aptem Collaboration Centre ®. The person will also receive an email informing them that they have a new message.
- When the signatory clicks on the link the document will be displayed. Depending on the document they may be able to edit or correct some information fields. These fields will be highlighted in yellow.
- At the end of the document the user will need to click in the relevant box to sign the document with their eSignature and confirm their agreement.
- Finally, the user will need to click on ‘Save’ to confirm their signature and any changes that have been made. An image of the user’s eSignature will be added to the document. This signature will be automatically stamped with the current date.