Over the coming months we are releasing a number of significant enhancements to the platform: including Tutor console, sub-programmes and process automation. All of these features are designed to support you as a provider to improve efficiency, productivity and support compliance.
Within these series of changes we are also making a change to the programme enrolment process for apprenticeships. The new process will help both in reducing effort and highlighting compliance issues. Below are a summary of the changes to the enrolment process.
Programme enrolment form
The programme enrolment form accessed via the learner profile has been updated to allow you to have more visibility of compliance issues and more control over the population of the ILR with compliant information. The new form offers the following improvements:
- Warn if the learner's duration on programme falls below the minimum required for an apprenticeship
- Warn where the duration on programme falls below the minimum required for a learner working part-time using the ESFA calculation
- Display the learner's weekly working hours when entered and calculate their minimum required off-the-job hours
- Display the planned hours from the programme's learning plan and allow you to adjust this depending upon the learner's needs
- Warn if the planned hours fall below the minimum required 20% off-the-hours for an apprenticeship
- Population of the ILR with the planned hours from the programme's learning plan or entered at enrolment
Figure 1 - Illustration of the new enrolment form
Bulk user import
We've also updated the bulk import process to include changes relating to planned hours. The import CSV template now includes an additional field which when supplied will populate into the planned hours field of the ILR template for an apprenticeship learner.
If a value for planned hours is not provided then the system will use a sum of the total planned hours from the learning components for the programme that the learner is being enrolled onto.
What you need to do/know
- Planned hours come from the learning plan in your programme. You should update each component to reflect the planned hours and verify that the plan meets the minimum requirement for the programme.
- Working hours and Employer start date will only be populated if a learner has completed this within an onboarding programme
- If Working hours and Employer start date fields are not populated prior to this enrolment screen then we will not be able to display the Minimum Required Hours for the learner or the associated warnings
- If these fields are not provided they can be captured in the onboarding wizard for the delivery programme, however, you will need to check that the planned hours still meet the minimum required hours