|Release date: 8 January 2024
Convert ILR document to Editable template with logos
Aptem Apprentice / Aptem Skills
To enable all of our customers to use the ILR onboarding compliance document we are adding the ability to add logos to the header and modify the text in the Learning Declaration.
Where configured at the programme level, administrators can add logos to the header. These changes can be made to the document template in the Compliance Document Token in the Programme Builder. The functionality is similar to the way our other editable document templates are edited. You can add up to three logos to the header - right, centre, and left aligned.
These changes when combined allow our customers to meet the differing needs of the different sources of funding they use. For more information, see: Convert an ILR document to an editable template format.
Updates to Aptem Assess Cognitive Assessments
Manually Register a Learner for Aptem Assess Cognitive Assessment
We have added a new feature to allow admins to select learners and manually register them for Aptem Assessment, even if the Aptem Assess cognitive assessment step is not configured on the Onboarding Wizard of the learners' programme.
Where the Aptem Assess token is enabled in the active programme, admins can now register a learner for Aptem Assess Cognitive Assessment from the Learning support tab on the Learner profile.
On registration, the learner will receive a notification with link to Aptem Assessment.
When the learner clicks on the ‘Go to Assessment’ link from their notification panel, they will be presented with Aptem Assess Cognitive Assessment within Console, and they will be able to progress through the cognitive assessment.
On completing the cognitive assessment, the Cognitive Assessment completion screen will be presented to the Learner and when it's closed the Learner is taken to their Dashboard, or to the onboarding wizard if the step was added.
Learners Access to Aptem Assess Cognitive Assessment via the Dashboard
The Learner now can take action on their Aptem Assess cognitive assessment within the ‘Requires Attention’ area of their learner dashboard, with a new card available to indicate that their assessment requires completion. The learner can navigate to the Aptem Assess cognitive assessment from the ‘Requires Attention’ card.
Note: This feature is controlled by a feature flag. If you have Aptem Assess already enabled for your tenant, and would like to use this additional features, please contact your CSM/IC or Support. If you do not use the feature flag, you will continue to experience the current product behaviour.
Extended question sets for Aptem Assess Cognitive Assessments
We have extended the question sets to provide an opportunity to build up a better understanding of learner’s cognitive abilities as well as assist in composing assessment quality data points.
The Progress bar has been removed from the Aptem Assessment testlets and Instruction pages, but the timer remains.
Note: This feature is controlled by a feature flag. If you have Aptem Assess already enabled for your tenant, and would like to use these additional features, please contact your CSM/IC or Support. If you do not use the feature flag, you will continue to experience the current product behaviour.
Updated Aptem Assess Cognitive Assessment Report message
The headline messages in the Aptem Assess Cognitive Assessment reports have been updated:
When Support Not Required:
- Additional Learning Support Not Indicated
- The completed cognitive assessment indicated that ‘Name’ has not demonstrated any additional learning support needs.
When Support Required:
- Additional Learning Support Indicated
- The completed cognitive assessment indicated that ‘Name’ may require additional learning support within one or more areas. Please see the results below.
Added a possibility to specify SAML Unique ID Bulk Upload
Now, admins have the possibility to update new fields (AuthenticationType, SamlUID, SamlIdP) via csv Bulk Upload on the Users Overview tile.
Minor updates and fixes
At Aptem, we aim to offer our users an accessible product that meets the latest WCAG AA Standards. We are committed to improving accessibility, including updating styles for interactive elements like buttons and links.
For more information, see: Accessibility Improvements - January 2024.
Update to the Apprenticeship Service Bulk upload feature
We are adding three new columns: “TrainingTotalhours”, “TrainingHoursReduction”, “IsDurationReducedByRPL“ to the export file of the Apprenticeship service batch. These values will populate if the New RPL Tracker is used, otherwise they will be empty.
- TrainingTotalhours = is the planned off the job hours from the learning plan components on the learning plan as recorded in programme builder.
- TrainingHoursReduction = “Off the job hours removed due to RPL“ on the New RPL Tracker.
- IsDurationReducedByRPL = “Do not adjust the duration“ on the New RPL Tracker or if the revised planned end date is equal to the original planned end date.
Updated Filters in the Employ Power BI dashboard
All pages within the Employ dashboard have had the following applied:
- KPI’s are moved to the left, with charts resized to maximise available space.
- Font sizes have been updated to be consistent across all tabs.
- Filters formatted to be consistent across all tabs, this included changing filters of different types to match.
- We are adding a new entity to OData called AimWorkPlacements. This contains the details of all work placement details as entered in the ILR. This is in addition to the work placement shown in the ILRAims entity which shows the most recent work placement.
- EPAPro Errors can be now surfaced via OData by sending request to odata/1.0/EPAErrors.
- Customers can add contact owner when using the addOrgContact and updateOrgContact Rest APIs.
- An update to Review Tasks behaviour ensures that incomplete review tasks are cancelled automatically when a learner is moved to another programme.
- Update to synchronise a single review to the OData feed via the review analytics service.
- Revalidated Authentication email and Verification SMS codes: Now, the authentication code and SMS verification code are regenerated when a new one is requested.
- SAML users were not logged out after using the classic interface. They are now logged out regardless of the interface they use.
- Now, upon activation, account users with authentication type SAML and Saml Unique Id provided in their account are not redirected to the Create Password screen in Console and in Classic.
- All organization contacts with and without address populated are now surfaced via the OrganizationContacts OData feed.
Upcoming features (not part of this release)
Based on the work we have completed in the past feature sprint(s), we have the following features lined up for release in the near future:
Surfacing Review Responses sections via OData
In order to give customers greater reporting and forecasting abilities with regards to the Reviews functionality, we will surface the following sections, including their responses via a new OData feed:
- Custom sections in reviews
- Core Topics
- EPA Gateway
- Individual Support Needs/ Requirements
- Short and Long Term Goals
This will ensure parity with the Classic review export functionality.
Aptem Assess enhancements
We are further developing Aptem Assess, to:
- Provide richer depth of reporting against near-threshold learners who may need further review to determine exact ALS needs.
- Enable quality scoring of assessments, allowing those analysing results to identify misuse, disengagement or unusual behaviour that could have resulted in an inaccurate score.
- Allow all data associated with this assessment to be extracted via OData.
- Provide additional learning support resources, accessible via the resource centre, which can be used to modify a learner’s learning plan.