Release date: 17 May 2023
Aptem Assess is a cognitive assessment tool that identifies whether a learner has learning support needs. Using Aptem Assess, your learners can complete assessments and get a match report that identifies areas requiring learning support.
Aptem Assess provides the following benefits:
- Embeds the cognitive assessment in an onboarding step avoiding the need to step out of the workflow.
- Provides an adaptive, mobile-friendly user interface that is quicker to complete than similar tools.
- Generates a summary report where a learner requires support, providing guidance for how to adapt learning activities and reasonable adjustments for EPA.
- Eliminates the need the administrative work of managing a separate system for assessment.
The cognitive assessment provided by Aptem Assess is an additional paid-for service. For further information on the charges for the Aptem Assess, and getting up and running with the service, contact your nominated Customer Success Manager who will support you in getting started.
- Aptem Assess
- Aptem Assess - Content of the assessment
- Aptem Assess – How to interpret scores
- Webinar: Aptem Assess - a new cognitive assessment tool
Addition of a new ‘Start Date of Apprenticeship’ field to Programme detail
We have added the ability for Training providers to record a separate date for the start of their Apprentice's Job Role. This will then pull through to the Apprenticeship Agreement.
This will be a new field in Add/Edit Programme Details both in Classic and Console. This field will default to the Practical Period Start Date. It is an editable field, but you cannot enter an Apprenticeship Start Date that is greater than the Practical Period Start Date.
- For existing Apprentices this new field will be populated with the date from the Practical Period Start Date.
- The ‘Apprenticeship Start Date’ field will now be available on the Add Programme Details and Edit Programme details screens in Console and Classic as an editable field. It will only appear for programmes with Delivery type Training – Apprenticeship.
- The Apprentice Start Date is being added to the Key Summary.
- The Apprenticeship Start Date is being added to the ILR section of UGR.
- The Apprenticeship Start Date is being added to the Programme entity in OData.
- The Apprenticeship Start Date is also being added to the Compliance documents- Apprenticeship Agreement, Training Plan and Commitment Statement. Note that the apprenticeship start date currently shows the same date as the practical period start date. If customers change the apprenticeship start date, they can then regenerate the paperwork. It would be their call on whether they want to get new signatures - depending on whether they consider it a material impact.
Will be rolled out to everyone on release.
Minor updates / Bug fixes
- In cases where a change of employer was processed, the new employer, when given the appropriate permissions, could see compliance documents from the old employer as well. This has now been fixed, and documents relating to older employers are no longer visible to the new employer.
- When attempting to use the 'Get ILR Batch' option on the ILR tile, some users reported receiving an intermittent error message. This has now been fixed, and users are now able to generate the batch file.
- On the PowerBI Quality dashboard, some learners who were on a break in learning were showing as withdrawn for the current year. This issue has now been fixed.
- Accessibility: Some accessibility improvements have been made so that users can use screen readers to read charts, and to read time and dates in Aptem.
- Update to the Aim Length field: In the Qualification token of programme builder, the Aim Length field will no longer accept non-integer values. When an administrator tries to add/edit qualification with a length in decimal, an error will be displayed. Only positive, integer values will be accepted.
- Updated Accountability Framework
In the Quality Reporting Dashboard, the Accountability Framework has been updated to reflect the updated Government specifications related to apprenticeships past their end date. The calculation for the Accountability Framework tab now reflects the update to the specification as follows: Apprentices past planned end date refers to apprentices who are past their planned end date, or were past it when they completed their apprenticeship. This includes apprentices where the ILR ‘completion status’ field is recorded as either:
- code 1 – the learner is continuing or intending to continue the learning activities leading to the learning aim.
- code 2 – the learner has completed the learning activities leading to the learning aim.
The correct results are returned for each applicable table/tile, according to each filter that is applied. The correct results are returned depending on user permissions/groups set. The URL is updated (if applicable) to match the updated spec/year. The notes and the help have been updated to reflect the updates to the calculations.